East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

As no riding tomorrow and this afternoon 'domesticated' it had to be an early start. So at Cannock for 8.00 and a couple of laps of Follow the Dog. They have been doing some trail re-laying and it seemed less harsh than I remembered it.
The front tyre seems to be slipping on the rim so maybe this Panaracer is going the way of the rear one...or the rim's spreading :?

unocogero":2u2jmrc3 said:
Damn! Regular group rides have spoiled me!

I can't find the motivation to go out and cycle on my own this weekend...In the old days I would have ploughed a lonely furrow...now I'm even offering to do DIY rather than face the cold wind and rain!

It's true - I have 2 hours to myself just now and can't be bothered to go out on my own!! :shock:

Here I am listening to the footie instead...

Rob, you put us 30 somethings to shame

Believe me, if there had been the slightest hint of rain this morning I would have stayed under the covers. :oops:

Really enjoyed Cannock, but the surface of a lot of the stages is rounded pebbles which when damp are as bad as roots and I was extremely cautious ( SLOW ), but it was so quiet I didn't hold anyone up or get passed. We really must organise a ride that covers the whole Chase rather than just the centre.
So many rides to fit in... can't be bad :p

I have his mobile number - I can contact direct - he's not been on much lately. Will do when I get back off holiday.

Back