Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

Very tempted to bring my slightly klunky Rudge roadster with knobbly tyres, got to get into the spirit of this madness :LOL: :LOL:

clockworkgazz":3fjkbiec said:
Yeah defo splatter not like these two other nut jobs with a death wish.

Only ones with a death wish will be the ones in front on the downhills, i would'nt want to get in the way of a slightly mad 12st rider on a 40lb brakeless Klunker :LOL:

Speaking of which i've just given it a quick ride up and down the street :), initial impressions are pretty good, coaster brake actually has a bit of modulation, i thought it'd be very on/off.

Sorry for the crappy pic, camera is total mince.

PICT0019.jpg

Those bars are strictly temporary, waiting on a pair of high rise motorbike ones, colour of the front will be the VW pastel white as on the forks, rest will be Ford midnight blue, will probably strip and paint it in a few weeks.

that looks very cool jimi, loving your work and should look the baws when it is painted- does the bike have a name yet?

Given I have no klunker I can't join the madness but I could be tempted to try and break the clockwork don't think I'll have the to ready by then.

This will be epic......and I'm a first aider, not that thats relevant to anything you understand :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2hggnjlw said:
that looks very cool jimi, loving your work and should look the baws when it is painted- does the bike have a name yet?

Cheers man, should look pretty good when it's done, painjob will be Breezer inspired, Breezer Storm i think ?, the midnight blue/cream one anyway, will probably have some gold pinstriping/detailing, not sure about a name yet ?, Vello did suggest Baccardi Breezer :LOL: , Raleigh Bummer :LOL: , i will be looking for a metal headbadge of somekind, did spot a nice Triumph one on the bay so maybe get that and get some gold Triumph stickers made up ?

Are you guys riding the national champs course? Rode it in the wet and it was tough - lots and lots of climbing (4k) and mental downhills (2k)!

i'll have to see what i can build up this week to take along as i'm in the middle of thinning my bikes out..... :oops:

if not it'll be the massif............... :D

Back