Garage Queens, Riders or a Mixture

• Garage Queens - my rides are just for looking at

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a Mixture - some I ride, some I don't

• Riders - I can't take them with me !

• Total voters
Same as Gump, ride them all but it's definitely horses for courses...

I was a bit precious about the Explosif but after Saturday realised it was wasted sat about looking pretty.

I suppose it's because nothing I have is that rare or valuable.

Ride 'em... but not in all-weathers! I'm not a mud-plugging biker and never have been... The Kona will be the daily hack, the Rock will be the weekend "good" bike, and the Yo will be for glorious sunny dry days... but it will get used, just not abused!

I ride all mine.... IF the conditions are right. OK, if the conditions are perfect. ;)

Main bike is the '98 KK S/S. Apart from once when it was really windy I haven't ridden a geared bike in over 6 months.

Gotta say though that my everyday bikes of choice are all new school.
Problem being if I ride a bike theres no holding back or going easy, older bikes just aren't as robust or easy to replace parts. Pauls mechs and the such are not up to continuous hard riding.

And new bikes work better too... ;)

JS1500":a3vyfzit said:
I don't have a modern bike so I ride my retro ones. :)

:LOL: Yeah, that's my problem too, every time I decide to buy a new bike I realise that I can have much better retrobike for the same dosh. :oops:

Your right Gump, I would never put the Yo or the Wicked through the same punishment as the regular bike.

Another reason why I pick titanium frames - no paintwork to worry about. Just a clean up with some scotchbrite and it's as good as new. Trouble is, I sometimes get a hankering for some colour in my bikes. :roll:

stevek":31d7rt6b said:
I would never put the Yo or the Wicked through the same punishment as the regular bike.

I think that's a shame in a way - the bike was built to be ridden, and especially in the case of team bikes, ridden hard.

Latest posts

Back