Yummy custom green ano stuff

Wow! I think the company / person who anodised them needs a mention! I have a feeling they may be getting more business!

He got enough business from me so far, I did the pieces in two separate batches. I was pleased with the first batch so I sent the hub shells to him again. Not cheap, but very pleased with the results.

I'm in the US so the place may have no use for the general audience here.
I found the place by Googling places that anodize paintball markers. Apparently, the paintball guys are even more into ano stuff than we are.

Another teaser pic until the front wheel is ready to complete the build. :D

Tulstar":2kqajomr said:
Wow! I think the company / person who anodised them needs a mention! I have a feeling they may be getting more business!

Attachments

• DSC_0050b.jpg
    DSC_0050b.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,253
WOW! How jelous am i , as im building a dh bike white frame green stickers , adn am trying to buy green bits , and all i have is green pimp my pedals kit , green crank bolt , green goodridge hoses.

Can you get stuff anodized that has already had this done , for instance i have a grey rear hope bulb hub and a front gold hope hub , could these be anodized green.
Just wondering how much it cost for the cranks to be done?

My understanding is the nicer the surface the more even the color will be. You can polish them yourself or pay the anodizer to re-work them. I went with new or nearly new parts just to make sure nothing would get screwed up.

I am pretty sure you can remove old ano and re-ano but I think the final thickness will be changed and may affect the tolerance.

Gather enough parts and do a batch, usually cheaper.

liquidsnake":2v4j66zn said:
WOW! How jelous am i , as im building a dh bike white frame green stickers , adn am trying to buy green bits , and all i have is green pimp my pedals kit , green crank bolt , green goodridge hoses.

Can you get stuff anodized that has already had this done , for instance i have a grey rear hope bulb hub and a front gold hope hub , could these be anodized green.
Just wondering how much it cost for the cranks to be done?

Back