'09 Kent Eriksen

Lovely.
I got one of his seatposts for my Ti bike. Really nicely made. So nice I've taken the q/r clamp off the frame and put a bolt on instead so i don't risk scratching it :roll: .

Stunning, superb, sweeeet....

So what was the cost of the frame and what was the import duty and other hidden costs?

I had planned to do the same thing last year, IE selling up and getting a Potts or Eriksen once I had saved up enough, never managed to get in touch with Potts, and a work colegue had an Eriksen 29'er.....

What I ended up doing was recently buying another full sus and earlier this year a pre amp. I was not getting any XC riding done, which sort of made the decission for me, but I still am tempted.

What have you done to me... I've now started wondering if I should punt on all my retro stuff and use the funds to purchase the custom steed I have always wanted to buy.

messiah":6slrp5eu said:
What have you done to me... I've now started wondering if I should punt on all my retro stuff and use the funds to purchase the custom steed I have always wanted to buy.

Me too, problem is I'll need 3k

Kent marked down the value of the package to $1800 for the customs so i didn't get hit too bad and i ended up getting charged £230. I would advise anyone to sell up and go for it. As i said earlier i did regret getting rid of my Hot but i did keep my '95 Kilauea and its possibly going to get turned into a singlespeed again so if you can do it and not have to sacrifice absolutely everything then why not? I surprised myself when i totalled up everything that i had lying about around the house that i really didn't need but just wanted.

messiah":18mc3xmc said:

Me too, I've asked for a quote from a (top secret) framebuilder!

that frame is a beauty!! and a future classic for sure.
never heard of a hardtail with 140mm travel up front. very interested to hear how it rides.

oh these welds are so nice....

CTK":2ltkh4zs said:
messiah":2ltkh4zs said:

Me too, I've asked for a quote from a (top secret) framebuilder!

go for it guys :D if you find the right builder and are sure what you want it's a nice and rewarding experience having someone build your dreambike, I didn't regret,
cheers Roy

*edit* Lovely Eriksen btw :cool:

Let's see...

If I sell the:
07 RM Slayer
07 DeKerf team SST
08 Dialled Alpine
08 Unknown Ti xc racy, too harsh thing
94 RM Blizzard
?? fixie

hmm... Sycip..

:roll: .... :roll: :roll: