Feedback
View
5316c626.jpg

with badges

IMGP3706.jpg

with sticker/label

r_nuke_carb_frwhl.jpg

with decal/painted

From what I've read, the first carbon weave hub was produced by Nuke Proof in 1991. Now I've seen three types of nuke proof carbon hub, (not talking about the Ti hubs), and I've listed them above.

Were they in release at the same time at different price points, or is one earlier than the other, and which one came first?

Anybody with knowlege of these things, please take a moment to contribute. Thanks :D

The one with the yellow label rectangle the middle picture was the first. I bought a pair BITD the I don't know the others. too new for me. I do like the look of them.

tintin40":19vua89i said:
The one with the yellow label rectangle the middle picture was the first. I bought a pair BITD the I don't know the others. too new for me. I do like the look of them.

so those were the first ones in 1991? Were they the ones prone to seperating the carbon from the aluminum flanges?

Here are the ones that I know of...Rear:

Skinny rectangular label spin on
Skinny Nuke Symbol spin on.
Nuke Symbol skinny Shimano 6/7
Fatter Nuke body...step-up cassett side flange (Nuke internal mechanism) shimano 8 (so as not to pay for shimano internal patent)
Fatter metalplate tapered cassett side flange shimano internal

By the way anyone with a "Step-up" Nuke internal I am looking for some internal bits....

Lid":wbns6jdi said:
Here are the ones that I know of...Rear:

Skinny rectangular label spin on
Skinny Nuke Symbol spin on.
Nuke Symbol skinny Shimano 6/7
Fatter Nuke body...step-up cassett side flange (Nuke internal mechanism) shimano 8 (so as not to pay for shimano internal patent)
Fatter metalplate tapered cassett side flange shimano internal

By the way anyone with a "Step-up" Nuke internal I am looking for some internal bits....

so what year would you have for the first nuke symbol?

GoldenEraMTB":3j0wtpgp said:
tintin40":3j0wtpgp said:

so those were the first ones in 1991? Were they the ones prone to seperating the carbon from the aluminum flanges?

I would say yes and yes

Rectangular label were first generation ones ( yep, the ones prone to seperating the carbon from the aluminum flanges ) circa 1992

Nuke symbol were the next ones. ( yep, the ones prone to crack the aluminum flanges )

Badged ones were the last ones that were really Nuke´s ( yep, the best / ugliest ones in my opinion )

Fly´s were the last ones mades ( full alu. & engraved logo )

A couple of rectangular labels went high not so long ago:

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEDWX:IT

A set of badged ones went high too, not so long ago:

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

Despite to the stock ones, I have two “rare” items … one has a Nuke sticker & carbon center, but it seems to be a Shocktec re-labeled & the other seems to be a full alu. Proto whith a rare nuke sticker on it ¿ are those two real Nukes ? – I don´t think so … - If someone has more info about them …

Here´s some pics of mine´s, a Nuke catalog & some info about them …

Best regards.

http://goto.glocalnet.net/mabe/mltn-orb ... -hubs.html

http://www.bikepro.com/products/hubs/hubs_nuke.html

wnp1vh1.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
maxhc":2igjg2yo said:
Rectangular label were first generation ones ( yep, the ones prone to seperating the carbon from the aluminum flanges ) circa 1992

Nuke symbol were the next ones. ( yep, the ones prone to crack the aluminum flanges )

Badged ones were the last ones that were really Nuke´s ( yep, the best / ugliest ones in my opinion )

Fly´s were the last ones mades ( full alu. & engraved logo )

max, thanks for that post...good stuff :)

I agree with your opinion, "Badged ones were the last ones that were really Nuke´s ( yep, the best / ugliest ones in my opinion )" being the best, but not the ugliest...those rectangular labels do nothing for looks, haha.

Now, you wouldn't happen to have a year for the best/ugliest ones, would you? I'm thinking 1995???

Back