Big Brother

100 watt are illegal .But apparently theres a flourishing black market trade in them :? .

We'll have the cops coming to the door carrying light meters...

...Righto Mr Jones,'it's much too bright in here','that will be a £50 fine please!

...And don't let it happen again.

:oops: sorry ,getting carried away there.

fatfixie":1v5j2hn3 said:
Someone needs to start "RetroBULB" :D

Andy

:LOL:

I'm sure i'll be boring my future gradchildren with tales of how the light bulbs were better in my day not like these new fangled modern things.

not to mention the low energy bulbs are actually less eco friendly being as they contain mercury & other toxic products.

Come on folks! Modern low energy bulbs come on in a half second and are equally bright to their standard wattage filament brethren. I have some older low-energy bulbs at home and they are a pain but the new ones are great. Just don't go throwing them in the bin.

fingers":1edcmor0 said:
Car filament bulbs dont really affect the national grid tho...

Bloody people... ah well.. Have to buy new lamps...

No but they burn more electricity, burning more fuel... well until we plug all our cars in and then it'll effect the grid.

But that was the point, hard to have a specific rule of no filament bulbs.

A 150W equivalent CFL is bright so I don't see that argument, they are dim argument.
(apart from they cost about £2.50 where as 100Wequiv. are 4 for £1 normally)

mtbfix":3bpms27y said:
Come on folks! Modern low energy bulbs come on in a half second and are equally bright to their standard wattage filament brethren. I have some older low-energy bulbs at home and they are a pain but the new ones are great. Just don't go throwing them in the bin.

I don't know what bulbs you have been buying, i have some decent Philips ones and they were ok on light up time when new, but after a few months they are painfully slow.

Besides don't they drain a lot of power on start up, so you have to leave it on for few hours to gain the extra energy used versus a normal bulb (i know that's true for an office type strobe). No good as a cupboard light or store room etc when they are on and off in a few minutes end up using more power for a dim light at that :?

Back