Titanium rigid fork for a Kona Hei-Hei??

TI is a fantastic material for many applications...however, standard forks is not one of them.

If this is to be a rider, do yourself a favor and hook up with a nice set of standard P2's and enjoy the control and responsiveness the frame was intended to have.

Your trail experience will be much more rewarding.

cheers,

rody

rody":co3ejfev said:
TI is a fantastic material for many applications...however, standard forks is not one of them.

If this is to be a rider, do yourself a favor and hook up with a nice set of standard P2's and enjoy the control and responsiveness the frame was intended to have.

Your trail experience will be much more rewarding.

cheers,

rody

An interesting opinion, rody

The "standard" is the Cro Mo?

I've ridden. several years ago, with a Cro Mo fork and was very well, but in the dealer have lost the fork and now, for a recreational ride, I've thought in a exclusive set, but surely your idea is better.

Anyone has the same opinion?

I've had a set of Ti rigid forks before, and even under my 11 stone they were far too flexy / compliant - they made the bike really hard to control.

I now have a mental image, having not ridden a ti fork, that it is the complete opposite to the original 531 RC30, which I have ridden..

Those taiwanese ti forks I stuck on the Fat Ti flexed like mad. Unless the forks are overbuilt and use a lot of material I think your done for...

Get the cro mo ones and at least you get to keep your teeth!

gump":1braih57 said:
I now have a mental image, having not ridden a ti fork, that it is the complete opposite to the original 531 RC30, which I have ridden..

if you can find a not broken klein attitude/adroit fork, ride 1 of those. did the sheepstor/ burrator loop (you must have done that route gump?) on a fully rigid attitude, like hanging onto a jackhammer :LOL:

jez-2-many-bikes":2kv4zwb6 said:
Those taiwanese ti forks I stuck on the Fat Ti flexed like mad. Unless the forks are overbuilt and use a lot of material I think your done for...

Get the cro mo ones and at least you get to keep your teeth!

are the kona ti forks the same dimensions? IE leg diameter?
the litespeed ti forks should be fairly stiff? (essentially a copy of the tange struts.. er.. which came first?) they were a fairly large diameter fork leg.

seems that kona recommend the steel one too..

sorry, really big, but nice! :D
5.jpg

ashok

Back