East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Speaking of rides that may stretch into the night :shock:

Short notice but I have a pass for tomorrow night (Tuesday) - anybody up for a ride locally? I can't do Pines - too far. Either a ride from my place in Derby: I can show you a nice ride - a few road stretches and quite hilly, but great fun (pub near our house at end of course) OR Ticknall or A.N.Other ride.

Any ideas? :D

would love to join you for a ticknall ride but my knee needs some rest, went out yesterday morning with tonyedwards for roughly 20 miles.

knee aches a bit at the minute, wednesday or thursday would probably be ok though.

Khane: Can't do Wed or Thursday this week. Orange71 and I have been interested in a ride at Hanchurch one weekend (see the rides section) and Clunker has offered to show us round. Would you be up for this? Not sure when yet.
Mat: Bit of a treck for you but no further than Cannock. Interested?

dont you hate it when on your way back from a job interview you spy a small yellow car at the traffic lights with a driver worthy of a race . launch hard while the overweight under powered eurobox beside you lurches forwards . your pedaling ferocity increases as you know the win to the row of traffic up ahead is in the bag . then out of nowhere the rear of the bike rears up like a startled horse and your thrown to the toptube to be left by the wayside of the crowded junction in the centre of town in front of shocked onlookers

yep looks like im back to snapping chains :roll:

00003-5.jpg

i didnt get run over . but i did lose to the little yellow car , which kinda hurts as much

i figured as i was walking past anyway id pop into the shop to buy a proper chain when dan said " have you picked that stuff up yet ? i was off last week i think its in "

awesome , i have my new bars and stem :cool:

00004-6.jpg

if your wondering , you tighten the top 2 bolts fully then the lower 2 to tighten , like a motorbike , apparently

:D That could only be sitting on Perry's kitchen worktop. :D

Extremely pleased that a hospital visit isn't required.....but if you will go terrorising little yellow cars.

ride on sunday 30th

Hi guys don’t know if anyone interested but I have ride planned on Sunday the 30th August, with Khane and one of my mates. It’s going to be approx 30miles of the rolling hills around the Leics /Notts boarder..
We are going to meet at the Quorndon fox pub in Quorn Leicestershire at 8.00am with a departing time of 8.30am. It will include a bit of road work but that’s the nature of riding this area. It’s also nothing too technical; everyone is welcome hopefully should be dry and a good ride .
Just drop us a line if interested
Cheers Tony

Ps here s the address
The Quorndon Fox
46 High St
Quorn
Loughborough
LE12 8DT

Back