Grand Raid Christalp anyone??

yo-eddy

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Will start on the GR for the second time now after the first one I entered (2005) got cancelled after 90km because of too much snow on the last pass (pas de lona)..... need to get some traning done soon though :roll:
anyone else heading to the Swiss Alps?
cheers Roy

Hey Roy, you back yet? Sorry we didn't get the chance to meet other than about 10 seconds just before the start! Was that you I saw in the resuts who got neutralised before the finish? Bad luck if so;

I really enjoyed the race this year, 18th/467 in age group :). Ol bike held up fine except rear wheel gave up the ghost but thankfully before the race.

3855709326_439b9a3002.jpg

3855356155_b49a7164e2_o.jpg

It's got a profile of the course, with markers of distances and altitudes at key points. I had a small GPS with me which was great as although the distance figures announced by the organisers were not entirely accurate, the altitude ones (that I had managed to find from other GPS files of the course shared online) were spot on and I was able to know how much more climbing there was to do at any point ... until the battery died 6hour into the 7.5hour race that is. Bloody GPS.

Back