Retrobike Spring Meet 07 - The Sequel (already!)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
As Gump suggested it had got a bit long hadn't it and somewhat changed direction - backwards clearly!

So who's up for a Surrey/ Sussex two day ride fest after Easter then?

It could be ace really. Meet as before, do a good (maybe more flowing) 20 miler or so and then gead down to here (40 mins south) and pitch up - (I might cheat and retreat to a proper bed tho ;) ) and wake up in the fresh air and do a good singletrack/ fire road/ south downs loop of anywhere upwards of a ten miler. Pub dinner - home.

I know a few camp sites, could research more this weekend.

Actually - i can smell the outdoors at 6am now, think i'll camp too.

Wu-Tangled":2plngeae said:
It could be ace really. Meet as before, do a good (maybe more flowing) 20 miler or so and then gead down to here (40 mins south) and pitch up - (I might cheat and retreat to a proper bed tho ;) ) and wake up in the fresh air and do a good singletrack/ fire road/ south downs loop of anywhere upwards of a ten miler. Pub dinner - home.

I know a few camp sites, could research more this weekend.

Actually - i can smell the outdoors at 6am now, think i'll camp too.

sounds pretty much spot on!

I'll be up for this.. My House is 3 miles from the South Downs way and I can look out of my window and see it from here (rolling hills like the ones illustrated in Mint Sauce). There are some good Pubs en route too. I needto get my arse into gear and build up the Bonti as last Saturday reminded me just how harsh the Pace is on a all day ride.

me too

I most certainly want to meet up and ride the South Downs. :D I would have to get the train from waterloo some of the way. What would be the nearest train station ?

Victoria and London Bridge offer Southern trains that come to my neck of the woods on the Arun Valley Line.

If you want the North Downs, it's the Dorking Line aiming towards Dorking area.

Both destinations are about an hour or just over - not too bad.

Bit early for logistics I suppose, but worth knowing. Hope it helps.

count me for a South Downs meet. I'll get up early. And jump the train.
Thanks the info :D

I am into doing this, at least one day. Got alot of kids to drive around on weekends.

Back