Ti Lite

Octsoc

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Kind of went all out on this one but it turned out great. It rides like a dream but it really broke my bank this time...so please check out my for sale stuff.

The green bottle cage bolts are gone and replaced with steel ones. So here are the spec's

Frame: Med 1997 Bontrager Ti Lite

Fork: Kelly 1" threadless 415 a-c

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Kelly CrMo
Handlebar: Titec Hell Bent XC
Grips: Oury

Brakes: Avid Arch Supreme
Brake Cables: generic

Brake Levers: Paul custom green ano

Freewheel: White Industries
Chain: Sram
Cranks: RaceFace custom ano
Crank Bolts: Sugino
Chainrings: Salsa single speed
Chainring bolts: generic
Bottom Bracket: UN72
Pedals: Crank Brothers

Hub Skewers: Salsa green front only
Rims: Mavis 117 CD Ceramic
Hubs: White Industries Eno custom ano
Nipples: Green DT
Spokes: Custom green Ti
Tyres: IRC Mythos K
Tubes: Performance Lunar Lite

Saddle: Bontrager/San Marco Ti
Seatpost: generic custom ano
Seatpost Binder: stock Bontrager

DSC_0062a.jpg

DSC_0067a.jpg

DSC_0064a.jpg

DSC_0066a.jpg

DSC_0065a.jpg

DSC_0063a.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous! In fantasy land, I can never quite decide between a Ti Bontrager or WTB... your pictures mean that for a couple of days at least, Bontrager wins!

Thanks for sharing! :D

Makrie":32sxctd8 said:
That is absolutely gorgeous! In fantasy land, I can never quite decide between a Ti Bontrager or WTB... your pictures mean that for a couple of days at least, Bontrager wins!

Thanks for sharing! :D

A WTB Ti Phoenix? That's an easy call...

but this Ti Bonty is cool...what are your plans for it, or will you be leaving it as is?

GoldenEraMTB":3cqbwj81 said:
A WTB Ti Phoenix? That's an easy call...

That's me being swayed by the American names then... and I think a steel Phoenix would tempt me even more. There's photos about of a lovely cream and 'mocha' one...

Whatever, awesome looking Bontrager for sure!

I've had a Bontrager Race for some time before I got this. I just copied the numbers over when I started building this. So this the thing is pretty dialed in from the get go. The only thing I need to do is get comitted and cut the steerer. If I want to become a real weight weenie one day, I might get a Ti BB and some Ti pedals...but probably not. I've have my fair share of creaky Ti BB already.

GoldenEraMTB":3afbbmnt said:
but this Ti Bonty is cool...what are your plans for it, or will you be leaving it as is?

Nice bike Don. I was wondering why i was your Race up for sale but a just sacrifice if you ask me.

That really is a great build, can definitely see it was no expense spared

Looks like a keeper to me(for now anyway)

Cheers
Rich

I just can't get my hands off these Bonty, you know what I mean. ;) The Ti Lite is so nice and the Race just don't see much action anymore. So it's time to cull.

haggis":tsa0zp26 said:
Nice bike Don. I was wondering why i was your Race up for sale but a just sacrifice if you ask me.

I originally just wanted some green RaceFace cranks for this build but got tired of getting outbid. So end up sending some parts off to the anodizer. I did 2 batches, would have saved some money had I known how easy it was to disassemble the hubs and did everything all in one batch. But I liked my first batch so much, I just had to get the hubs done too.more pix here

GearlessinSeattle":tsa0zp26 said:
Did you have someone do the anodizing or did you buy the parts like that?

Ahhh.....I remember that thread. Was envious when I saw the green.:) No pun intended. :LOL:
Did you have it done local?
Was the cost high?
Just wondering because I have a new project brewing and have most of the ano parts but still need stem and post.

Back