Classic waterbottles

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Most of the bikes I have don't have a waterbottle (anymore). As I am more into the details now, what waterbottles were correct? Let's say end 70's?

Stainless Steel Bottles seem to look good nowadays, used on the Tour a long time ago and now, I don't know why, seem to have made a comeback. Maybe because they are more sanitary and definitely, durable and can be cleaned.

Plastic is a flimsy product. I had an older Peugeot bottle that came with the bike but it got vertical cracks.

I'd venture, for a real '70s look, you want one that has the little shower thing on top, the salt shaker top along with the drinking top. Much like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/REG-Italian-White-W ... 286.c0.m14

In fact, the Peugeot one was like this one I think, no stamping of the brand name on their, just a white bottle.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks! It turns out I have a similar one lying in the "junk" box. After cleaning it up, I even think it has never been used!
One detail solved!

I was cruising ebay and I saw one of those bottles where you open it up and it was like a thermos, with aluminum or stainless steel siding inside if that is understandable. I think I once had a bottle like that as well, thick plastic on the outside. On ebay they were calling them "children's bottles" so who knows but still in the cycling area.

Back