What is the mtb HOLY FAIL? And what is YOUR Holy Fail?

ameybrook":5ptml3u2 said:
John":5ptml3u2 said:
Think Biopace is probably more desrving of the title 'Holy Fail', unless you're Bobby Julich of course.

...or Vinokourov, he uses 'em too. A good mate of mine rides for the US Colavita team and everyone uses them there. There has to be something about them

The eggrings do seem popular :? Think it makes marginally more sense on the road than off road..

Hilts":3dy8nxv3 said:
Chris is going to host a Retromeet in France aren't you Chris :D , could try and tie it in with the TDF next year !! (Do they come near where you live ??)

PS - French BMX track fine with me ....

'Le Retromeet' sounds tres bien :D

yeah - me and mrs Wu would be tres up for a le retromeet.

Convoy!

all walkie talkies and handles all the way down - oh yeah. Be just like the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans!

Grip Shift...by FAR!!!, oh, and Shimano's Dual Control MTB shifters... and the Onza pedals I had whose spindles snapped on the first ride...and the Amp bikes...not design-wise, just the flimsy execution with the timy bushings...and most linkane forks that dove under front brake forces...

Ooo, there has been some bad ones over the years!

rb

Holy fail...

Must be road style cleats for clips and straps. Tried 'em once and scared myself silly!!

Flimsy components designed for weight, not teeth! :LOL:

Brahma style handlebars - the curved end bits mean that your grips have to be in the middle of the bars.

Also add cutting your handlebars silly short...

*cough* although I just picked up a pair of short bars of ebay recently to experiment with *cough*

Back