FINISHED: Rock Lobster Ti

Rob1

Old School Hero
16.5" Not sure of the exact year but at least 4 years old I think. Not a bad frame- welds are a far cry from my Seven but then so's the price. Probably been built in the far east as Paul Sadoff never fabricated titanium. Had ugly clear-coat all over - some scotchbrite had the front triangle looking respectable but was too much effort to do the rear and BB/head tube so I took it to be bead blasted.
Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Back from the bead blasters...
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

Some bits...
IMG_1106.jpg

Coming together...
IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Spec List:
Frame: 16.5" Rock Lobster Titanium
Wheel: Hope Pro II, WTB Speeddisc rims, Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires.
Headset: Chris King Sotto Voce black
Stem: Thompson X4 (swapped silver for black)
Seatpost: USE titanium
Saddle: Titec Beserkr DH ti (flight looked better but not comfy enough)
Bars: Raceface next carbon
Forks: Pace RC31 ti
Brakes: Hope Mono M4s
Shifters: SRAM XO gripshift
Mechs: Shimano XTR front, SRAM X-9 rear
Grips: YETI speedgrips
Chainset: Shimano SLX
Pedals: Welgo magnesium with ti spindles
(+obligatory comedy bell on handlebar).
IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

Rock lobster

Hi mate if ya scroll down the page where you have posted ya pics , you will see mine !

I walked into Merlin cycles 10 years ago with every intention of walking out with an RL ti frame . Instead i ended up walking out wth a genuine Sadoff frame , that cost nearly twice as much !!

Pete .

Oh i nearly forgot !

I f you give Merlin a call on 01772 432431 . They have the decals for the frame , if you need any . But only in yellow .

Your frame has disc tabs , so i guess it would be a 2002 on model .

Pete .

Yeah, you have the nicer frame undoubtedly! Would also have made the same decision. This was cheap though and should handle any abuse thrown at it.

Was actually promised a set of decals by Mr Sadoff himself but I think he's forgotten... Will see how it looks once blasted.

Cheers,

R

Decals

So you were promised some too ? I have emailed him as regard my frames history as there is a possibility it is a Nontrager , cos if it was i would have added Bonty decals to the rear triangle , and for red decals , which merlin dont have . Not heard anything for weeks .

Pete .

That beadblasting job looks very good

Looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished bike :D

Back