'93 DBR Dual Response

jango

Senior Retro Guru
Got this a while back as a NOS frameset, originally planned to build it up as a catalogue build...........budget, time and patience put a stop to that, but it retains an original flavour I think :D

The saddle and bar-ends are for a bit of fun and match the small DBR Italian decals but I think in time will be swapped for black and silver.

Attachments

• DRrs.jpg
    DRrs.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3,065
  • DR2.jpg
    DR2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 3,066
  • DR1.jpg
    DR1.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 3,066
It'll never be this clean again!

Attachments

• DR3.jpg
    DR3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,058
  • DR4.jpg
    DR4.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 3,058
  • DR7.jpg
    DR7.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 3,058
Having sat around for the last 16 years I thought it only right it was about time the old girl hit the trails..........now I wasn't expecting a plush ride, with 43mm or travel on the front and 55mm at the rear, and in that respect I wasn't disappointed.......it takes a fair bump to get things moving at average speeds, think slightly dead feeling rigid bike and you're about there :LOL: However point it downhill and get the speed up and suddenly it comes alive.....big fun :cool:

I must confess at one point i jammed on the anchors and picked it up to tip-toe round a large muddy puddle :oops: .....I'm not ready to trash it just yet :LOL:

The first shot was during one of two puncture stops within the first 4 miles :evil:

Attachments

• DR5.jpg
    DR5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,048
  • DR6.jpg
    DR6.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3,048
That is sooo lovely.

Back when I could only afford my sorrento, the DBR bikes were the unobtainable stuff at the top of the catalogue!!!

Is that the green lane to Therfield, with the Barkway Transmitter in the background of the second photo?

Cool bike :cool:

Is that the green lane to Therfield, with the Barkway Transmitter in the background of the second photo?

Yes it is, well spotted!

Mini Update: while tidying the Man Cave I stumbled upon a lonely cable hanger lying idle in a box :( .........as this bike has a linkage arrangement for the rear brake it needs but one hanger :idea: ........looks much nicer than the boggo Shimano effort!

While I was at it I switched the saddle and bar-ends to something a little more subtle :cool:

Nice to see it finished chap.

Not quite......I still need a nice m900/m910 mid-cage rear mech to finish it off.........just got to find one :roll:

Attachments

• DR10.jpg
    DR10.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 2,944
  • DR8.jpg
    DR8.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 2,944
  • DR9.jpg
    DR9.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,944

Latest posts

Back