98 Mango Stumpjumper M2 Pro

Konaglider":bmtpk93i said:
Ian916, thanks buddy :D

They're staying put :twisted: , don't care if it's 'wrong'. I think curved forks would look wrong on this build,and it's only a Specialized :!: ;) I like my P2's.

:LOL: if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world.

I had two of these fine bikes, - a black one with silver fade logos and one that was a warranty return due to its paint falling off so I got it sprayed bright yellow with red logos, trouble was it was an 18" frame and the top tube was too short for me so it was sold on. Still got my M2 road-bike.

Forks always were a bit of an issue on the M2's actually thinking about it the originals were too skinny looking. I had silver Manitou's on the black one, - Specialized did make a suspension fork but it was not highly regarded.

Looking very good to me, as they say if it looks right it probably is

Manitou made forks that were mango coloured, often wondered how well they would match the Specialized colour

Bell also made their Delirium helmet in the same colour, Roox made the Danny Boy stem in mango too as did DMR with their pedals

The mango King headset is nowhere near the right colour though

Just an idea or two :)

Cheers
Rich

niiiiice M2. Think i'm going to have to hunt for one of those myself. What travel fork is on that manitou? 75mm?

Cheers Huntso/Rich,

Still building :roll: Will post up some more pic's when I get the chance. Spec' is continually changing as I go along. Maybe I'll finally get to ride it soon :D

Matt.

Cracking looking bike

BTW- I like the forks and also the Manitou stem in the 1st pic.

Got this lovely bike finished, eventually :roll:

Very positive/responsive ride but not overly stiff. The P2's are fine.

Imagine I'll be letting the frame go soon unfortunately as I have a couple in the shed waiting to be built up.

Attachments

• hello camera 044.jpg
    hello camera 044.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3,789
  • hello camera 045.jpg
    hello camera 045.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 3,788
Nice looking bike there.
I bought a 97 M2 new a long, long time ago and always regretted selling it. Recently finished building up a 2000 frame with rigid Pace Carbon forks, which I think look nicer than the P2's.
I've been doing a few miles on it while I'm waiting for the shock on my Stumpy FSR to be serviced, and I'm very pleased with the way it rides. Very responsive, but pretty comfortable as well. Thinking of putting on some SID's to save my wrists though....

Konaglider":2bqygyzx said:
Got this lovely bike finished, eventually :roll:

Very positive/responsive ride but not overly stiff. The P2's are fine.

Imagine I'll be letting the frame go soon unfortunately as I have a couple in the shed waiting to be built up.

Are you selling the frame?

Mines a 20.5 inch or summat...too big for my liking.

Added XTR V calipers, new seat, grips, XTR shadow rear mech, new cassette and chain, tyres.
[/img]m2[/list]

Attachments

• DSCF0031.jpg
    DSCF0031.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 3,188
Konaglider":25d7prkl said:
Sold a few months back.

Cheers, Matt.

Konaglider sold it to me! I've still got it and currently have too many projects on the go. Pm me if you're interested. Cheers :D

Back