Pentlands 23rd August 1030-11 Dreghorn Services

well i'm just home and what a day ! i took the wrong bike with me and ended up pushing up pretty much every hill :LOL: (theres lots of photos to prove)

it was the downhill bits where i sped off into the distance :cool:

overall it was a good day with some great guys and some rain :D i'd recomend it to anyone local or willing to travel .

Sorry i did'nt make this guys, did look hopefull last weekend but had family stuff on today, sounds like a good ride anyway, looking forward to the photeeeees :)

Back in the kingdom now, showered and supping a well earned beer.
Cracking day out with some cracking young guys.
The Mission took everything mother nature threw at her, although I did bottle out of a nasty rocky patch.
Appologies chaps if I seemed a bit off but had bad stomach cramps all the way round. Had a dump now so it's eased off.
Its a cracking venue with quite remarkable views, defo worth the 40 min drive.
Thoroughly recommended.
Thanks again chaps for an ace day out.

Dave C.

Edit : Afraid the few pics I took are pretty poor so wont be posting them here.

Fantastic ride with good company in stunning scenery, brilliant :D

That Tnega guy is yet another XC whippet despite the nicotine addiction, yet again someone who claims lack of fitness and then blows us into the weeds on virtually every climb. He has some finesse on that fabby bike of his and I can't say I noticed his mood being off, fab guy.

Big Eck is a nutter :LOL: He dragged that behemoth of a bike up every hill and went like the clappers down again, caught big air and punctured on a heavey landing. All the time keeping up the banter as the heavens chucked everything at us. Foolishly I mentioned you can get fatter tyres than the already fat knobbly he has on the front. He is now on a mission to find 26 x 3.5" :roll: Weight weenies beware Big Eck is trying to build the biggest, heaviest mtb in the world and I reckon he'll succeed. Top Guy !!!!!

I reckon best crash is a joint affair between ZigZag and me. I lost the front end on some mud on the final stages of the run going ass over head into the turf. When I get up and turn around, there is ZigZag on his side tangled with both his bike and mine. I think I hurt my sides more in laughing than in crashing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I am determined to get more Pentland riding under my belt and the East Coast Crew seem keen too :D :cool:

Wounds bathed, washing on, cuppa gulped down. Photies...

Velo & Big Eck. Velo knackered just watching Eck pushing the beast up hill
3848464105_4c2ca8f9a7_o.jpg

First mechanical of the day. Big air = no air
3848466103_3af5162a0f_b.jpg

Velo with Tnega in hot pursuit
3849259290_3b6aa5ec69_o.jpg

Tnega
3849258686_be23332ff3_b.jpg

Propping up the wall outside the Flotterstone Inn
3848455657_84ddc841f0_b.jpg

Big Eck's beast. All the flowers wilted and died just after this photo was taken
3849251136_cbda6c8649_b.jpg

Raleigh's huddling in the corner
3848462485_2c35667ce1_b.jpg

One pint later. Velo, Big Eck and Tnega
3849256528_0d0c847713_b.jpg

Big Eck not winning an eBay auction for a nice frame
3849255008_9eb98c2c8c_b.jpg

King o the world
3848460999_3afb381308_b.jpg

I have no idea how I managed to get ahead of Tnega to take this, but somehow I did
3849258294_96b9d1ee05_b.jpg

Easy peasy
3848458809_e83a706b99_o.jpg

Half a second before impact
3849252026_45b40792f5_b.jpg

3848459583_ab6277311a_b.jpg

Previous posts sum it up... Gid craic, Tnega battering up the climbs for fun, and see that 'No Fear' on Big Eck's lid? No kidding! Numerous face plants from yours truly today, including aforementioned comedy tangle with velo right at the end. His laughter is still ringing in my ears :oops:

Absolutely cracking piccies Zigzag (glad i never posted mine now :oops: )
Cracking one of Big Eck on one of his quieter moments, big thumbs up m8.
I swear, by the time i got both my feet into the rat catchers he was nowhere to be seen.
Your no slouch yourself on the SS bud, thighs like yours wi gears and I'm toast.
Classic bike Velo and a good few pounds heavier than mine, still managed the climbs tho. Want me to keep an eye out for a Dyna Ti for you? ;)

Dave C

No need of the Dyna Ti, my Raleigh White lightning currently gathering dust in the shed is a double butted reynolds tubed XC racer. Also got two double butted alloy steeds so I was on the Alaska through choice not neccesity.

Currently looking at upgrading rear brake to a roller brake, more modern than a drum and works well in the wet or dry. Has cooling fins aswell to reduce brake fade and not too pricy :D

Will have a more modern steed for Innerleithen meet.

thats some cracking pictures there........... look at me posing for the camera :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

next time i'll not fit the front mudgaurd or instead i'll fit a front mech and a granny ring or i could just bring the massif ? you guys have a good pace , i'll do a hell of a lot better on a hardtail :LOL:

i can't find any info on 3.5 tyres so looks like i won't be fitting one anytime soon :cry: but i'll find a way to pile some more weight on the old bike :LOL:

it was good putting faces to names , looking forward to the next meet.....

wow thats not a bike, its a moter-bike with the engine missing- respect on those hills and love your waterproofs Big E!

Great pictures lads and looks like a crackin day out, sad I missed it, looking forward to inner and seeing that monster bike fly thru the air with the greatest of ease.

For once you were not overdressed velo ;)

Latest posts

Back