Why dont germans accept paypal!

elma

Retro Guru
As in the title i'd love to bid on german ebay but they all want paying by
wire transfer or bank transfer.

As i'm with barclays they want to charge me 30 euros handling charge or some other made up procedure.

I've emailed a couple of sellers about sending cash but my german is appaling and i think i've been misunderstood.

Has anybody found a better way of dealing with our continental cousins.

iain

Generally, it's because it costs them money to get the money off PayPal I suppose

I recently did a bank transfer to Germany and the cheapest way was a "TIPANET" transfer which cost £8 I think, compared to the £25 or £30 using BACS or whatever the other one was. This is with a Smile account. TIPANET is a cheaper way of transferring small amounts to European countries, or so it seems

In the past I've offered to add he paypal fees to the total to ease the PayPal pain and this has worked, too. If all else fails, some Euros in the post can be a last resort (some people wrap them in tin foil!)

It would be so much easier if you guys would let go those Sterling Pounds and start using Euros like the rest of the civilized world does ! ;)
EU bank transfers between Germany and Finland cost 0 Euros... :D

Try using tranzfers, a retrobike affiliate. Cost £7 a go.

Some take payapl in my experience.

The pound is the original standard european monetary unit. Invented by the Romans (Livre, sestersii, and denarii hence £, S,d). Quite why we are still hung up on pounds sterling aI don't know. I blame the Daily Mail personally.

seriously tho,
They realised paypal rip you off earlier than us, they are coming round because of the worldwide need for retro parts and that they need it to buy from the UK & US where most of us 'hate paypal' but realise it is a Necessary evil - some, despite not advertising the fact do accept paypal, you just have to ask and hope ;)

It's starting to catch on over there - I think they've just been a bit slow to see the advantages (or have they seen too many disadvantages?).

BTW there are at least a couple of dozen German towns/districts that have introduced their own monetary unit with 1:1 exchange on Euros! The movement was started by a teacher and Brussels have so far turned a blind eye. Seems they're not too fussed about the Euro either.

there is a seller on e bay de , who sells all sorts of nice retro stuff , but doesn`t advertise paypal , but will accept it as long as you pay the charge of 4%

Back