What is THE MTB holy grail and what is YOUR holy grail

scant":25y7d1j0 said:
turner seems like a funny choice to me (hell its a personal thing so go for your life!) as most of the ground work for that design was horst AMP design a few years earlier
I'm pretty sure DT collaborated on that design?

he worked for them. learnt from horst. admittadly AMP execution was pretty appaling. frames cracking & breaking all over the place but their intional ideas deffo spawned many new bikes. yeti asr, titus racerX still strong selling XC bikes, which are basically reworked AMP B3 mac strut with a swing link to take the sideloads off the shock.

holy grail is blondes & brunettes, chocolate & strawberry all over again :D

stevet1":1sgpl2t7 said:
scant":1sgpl2t7 said:
turner seems like a funny choice to me (hell its a personal thing so go for your life!) as most of the ground work for that design was horst AMP design a few years earlier

I always understood that Turner was an employee at AMP before starting up on his own. Sad to see now that someone who was involved with the "horst link" from the begining has now been prevented from using it in his own designs after legal action from Ellsworth.

B3":3mkaydch said:
stevet1":3mkaydch said:
scant":3mkaydch said:

I always understood that Turner was an employee at AMP before starting up on his own. Sad to see now that someone who was involved with the "horst link" from the begining has now been prevented from using it in his own designs after legal action from Ellsworth.

the horst link issue has been discussed to death on mtbr.com turner forum. in summary the licensing costs were tiny & the change was made purely for frame integrity reasons & not financial.

John":i7uyedas said:
What do you consider to be THE MTB Holy Grail?
Second question, what is YOUR holy grail.

THE Holy Grail - John Tomac's Yeti C-26 from the 1990 Worlds. I have a picture of it somewhere....

My Holy Grail - I've said it before but still a 1990 Klein Attitude in team colours, size L/XL with original forks. It wouldn't become a garage queen either! (although if a Yeti C-26 became available and i had the money I'd buy it to hang on the wall)

MadCowKev":2p9vedm5 said:
John":2p9vedm5 said:
What do you consider to be THE MTB Holy Grail?
Second question, what is YOUR holy grail.

THE Holy Grail - John Tomac's Yeti C-26 from the 1990 Worlds. I have a picture of it somewhere....

(although if a Yeti C-26 became available and i had the money I'd buy it to hang on the wall)

didnt you see the 1 on ebay? pile of tubes & lugs made £1500. ameybrook knows more about it :)

scant":1u3l8152 said:
didnt you see the 1 on ebay? pile of tubes & lugs made £1500. ameybrook knows more about it :)

I did see it Scant - i also heard of a complete bike or possibly just complete frame selling for $10k

MadCowKev":3jqkpceb said:
scant":3jqkpceb said:

I did see it Scant - i also heard of a complete bike or possibly just complete frame selling for $10k

how much did you see that 1 sell for carsten ;) :LOL: .. just a tad less than $10K! :shock: :LOL:

although to be fair ex tomac owned raleigh replica racer frames are $7000 & furtados C26 made $7800(ish?)

scant":zfrd9nlu said:
although to be fair ex tomac owned raleigh replica racer frames are $7000 & furtados C26 made $7800(ish?)

thats why Tomac's C-26 should be the Holy Grail - if Julie Furtado's made $7800!

Out of curiosity - i wonder what Ned Overend's M2 would make if it were to ever reach the open market?

MadCowKev":3dh7xsbe said:
scant":3dh7xsbe said:

thats why Tomac's C-26 should be the Holy Grail - if Julie Furtado's made $7800!

Out of curiosity - i wonder what Ned Overend's M2 would make if it were to ever reach the open market?

how about Tomac 1990 worlds spare bike?
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=111165 ;)

Neds M2 is hanging up in durango, ameybrooks already posted up pics elsewhere on this site :)

Back