Pentlands 23rd August 1030-11 Dreghorn Services

This sounds too good to miss :( - Can I convince my lovely I need another training run? :)

Zigzag I hadn't spotted that crossroads when I first looked, but it should do the trick.

I had just assumed we pushed that last leg because I was knackered not because it was unrideable (other than the steps) :)

Kaiser it should only be 1.5 hours for you to get there as you actually miss the nightmare of Edinburgh traffic.... that is assuming the M8 has finally been finished!

I was tempted but overspend and a few rides in the works will keep me west coasted I'm afraid.

Jimi disapeared off the face of the planet again has he, shame it would be good to see you Gaz and Jimi.

Ok if your coming on Sunday, please confirm and we can pm each other respective MOB numbers so no one fails to meet up this time ;)

So far I think its:-

Big Eck
ZigZag
Velo
Jimi (maybe)
Gaz (very maybe, Jimi dependent)

There is a real danger of heavey rain on Sunday :( but the temperature isn't too bad :)

Provided your still showing and I am, bring wet weather gear and maybe mud tyres :LOL:

See you 1030 - 11 am at Dreghorn on Sunday.

Cheers

Velo

Righto.
My nearest and dearest will be busy this sunday.
Considering I never made the last outing i'm thinking of coming along.
Am wondering however if me and the old girl will manage.
You guys all going sussed up?
'cos the old girl is obv a rigid (not frigid, she is in fact quite lively ;) )
Considering my age and relatively low fitness level, will the two of us manage the course?
I would hate to hold anyone up.

Not got a set of 'skins either, can anyone reccomend some lightweight cheapo's?

Regards,
Dave C.

Dave - you're absolutely right, I recce'd this today coming down from Harbour Hill. The quad trail is pretty muddy in places (just like the rest of the bloody Pentlands right now), but like you say, more interesting and not mental steep like my original suggestion.

Tnega - I'm going to single speed it on my Hardrock, velo will be doing it proper old-stylee rigid, and i think big.eck is bringing some monstrous downhill beastie. Bring whatever you fancy, and don't worry about pace, it isnae a race and you'll no be holding anyone up - I'll definitely be walking some of it.

Looks like first couple of miles are all up hill though...

Back