Sexy Goat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am missing something... DS or Si are you the Lord High Constable of this website...You speak with authority of other members, you order people to vacate their membership and leave the website... You could be well served with a lecture ... though you seem to feel some ownership to this website... dare I fall uder your displeasure.

The Record OR works splendedly...personal experience. What is wonderful is experimenting with designs. There are many who have found adding front suspension to a Retro Hardtail to be just what the doctor ordered. Old school Marzoocchi, oil/coil, are plush...

So many full suspension bikes are an endless project co-ordinating and dialing in what the front end is doing in relationship to the rear end. I say this with one caveat....rider skills and talent can make up in amazing ways for the "handling" of any one particular bike and of course, the terrain you are riding on.

As a 1 of 12 production classic , last of it's breed...pretty good vintage credentials. Its MTB worth ?,..with special steel ovalized tube, filet brazed, high end Italian fit and finish, custom Show Paint, well... for the well heeled it may be a bargain.

Re: Sexy Goat

John":2fo3yq0g said:
J. J. Pusser":2fo3yq0g said:
Wow! I am going to offer my apologies to any members so inclined to be offended by my opportunistic Location entry….. including an Anglophobic member.

Before initiating membership ….I noticed all aspects of entry displayed in and by the members. I was quite surprised on how many entries some members have posted….. thousands !

I wasn’t aware of this website…but it is quite interesting and amazing for what it does….

I noticed there seems to be some freedom allowed by the Guv ‘ nor as to requirements for “Location”. There seems to be quite some… “Persuasion”… in those entries. None are displeasing, though I dare say some have political undertones….as to different activities. Please forgive me … but I refer to… jez-4-bikes-mas / scants / Legrandefromage / tintin40… and this list is just for this topic thread…alone.

My post was spot on… as to subject…Sexy Goat. No mention or referral to politics… other than to the subject of value… of a… WOW! vintage Mountain Goat… and maybe a reference to the other comments from longstanding members lamenting our dear, loved and lost, Land Rover….to somewhere in India, I believe… Sshh… eins verboten.

I am enamored with the ingenuity of Retro mountain bikes.. This Mountain Goat Deluxe is just all over it…with a little help from the Italians… Now there is a good example of diverse multicultural efforts… to be proud of… I might add.
So you ask yourself…who has shown their true colors in their posts… methinks..DS.

“SHIVER ME TIMBERS”
Retro translates to rare and at this website…something special. That’s why the members post their unusual, or hard to find offerings….and show us their grand collections…

I like to stick to the subject … It is or was or is… that Sexy Goat….

There is some controversy on what makes up a true Campagnolo Record OR Group, There seems to be some confusion as to whether there was a complete group or did Campy combined existing Icarus with just some new cranks and derailleurs?

PS. Gov’nor,… if you have the time and before any censorship..would you drop me a note….thank you for this consideration.

Ride On !!!

A lot of words to say nothing of interest.

You have 2 PMs now. Please change your location, esp since this is clearly antagonistic given you're from the US.

On another tack is this your bike?

:LOL: busted!

ask him if he's from the VRC ;)

I shouldn't have said that :oops:

Love to see some more pics of the stencils...

Can our new member get to the point a little?
They'd certainly benefit from being on here as the 'retro MTB' comments are a little wordy but could be views based on a few searches on the internet.

Tell us a little about your bikes for example....

J

He's just here to try and flog his overpriced bike to the Europeans- guess by creating a fuss with his location tag he is just trying to publicize it further. I've just read his eBay listing again and it's a load of crap and just as rambling as his posts on here. for example he states that its all original just as it left Goat in 91 then in the next sentence he mentions the parts from 91 and the following few years. Unless he has invented a time machine and taken 93 parts and got Jeff to fit them back in 91 it can't be all original.
This bike is very nice with a few marks here and there and could have been described as such. Anyone interested in it would not need the history lesson, and anyone with a clue would know that. The fact he has been fishing on here for Campag info backs this up- I now undestand how certain VRC members have got pissed off with people like this.
I might have been interested in this if the price had been more realistic, but there is no way I'd spend a cent on this bike now. His misguided and frankly bizzare attempt to get 'in with the Brits' has certainly alienated this potential buyer.

Si

Old Goat

In light that Dr S has free reign to say anything and everything, mostly negative, on topic or not. He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, asked on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.

But an Avator/Location is "fantasy", as I pointed out in an earlier post, just look at the other "fantasy" member's "Avatar/Locations" that are allowed.

Dr. S was called on his negative words and invalid conclusions. What was flushed out was something else and now he doesn't know how to put the genie back in the bottle. So he contiunes spew more of the same, as to his incorrect conclusions concerning the description in the Ebay auction of a vintage Mountain Goat Deluxe.

What I have read on the Mountain Goat in question. Is that some accessories were purchased in later years such as the Titanium Brake Booster from Odyssey or the Marzocchi front suspension fork. Dr. S distortions just keep sinking him further into the bogs. His original comparison to his "Super" Goat purchase and to the Sexy Goat was a sham, just some ego expressions, he never thought would be challenged. Based on his posts, just a person bent on reverse discrimination and willing to shove it down somebody's gullet on this forum.

If as Dr S indicates, Retrobike is a world community, then a person's locaton as to their contribution is not relevant. That is why so many members use Location to put some humor, or banner not to be considered part of their posts. Just some humor.

If the the astute Gov'nor and Dr S take an honest look at Jolly Jack Pusser's image or become more familiar with a close up on google. You will see someone, a sailor, slighly tipsy at best, maybe missing a few marbles. From what, I'm not sure, maybe to many days at sea in combinaton with a daily ration of rum. So if you are going to equate the avatar with the previous Fantasy location, England for English BNP, it doesn't bode well for BNP, and would be congruent with Dr S. position - minus the hatred.

It starts with kind thoughts and words....Oh might you be above that... wonder why.

Re: Old Goat

J. J. Pusser":27a4xsiy said:
In light that Dr S has free reign to say anything and everything, mostly negative, on topic or not. He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, ask on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.

But an Avator/Location is "fantasy", as I pointed out in an earlier post, just look at the other "fantasy" member "Avatar/Locations" that are allowed.

Dr. S was called on his negative words and invalid conclusions. What was flushed out was something else and now he doesn't know how to put the genie back in the bottle. So he contiunes spew more of the same, as to his incorrect conclusions concerning the description in the Ebay auction of a vintage Mountain Goat Deluxe.

What I have read on the Mountain Goat in question. Is that some accessories were purchased in later years such as the Titanium Brake Booster from Odyssey or the Marzocchi front suspension fork. Dr. S distortions just keep sinking furhter into the bogs. His original comparison to his "Super" Goat purchase and to the Sexy Goat was a sham, just some ego expressions, he never thought would be challenged. Based on his posts, just a person bent on reverse discrimination and willing to shove it down somebody's gullet on this forum.

If as Dr S indicates, Retrobike is a world community, then a person's locaton as to their contribution is not relevant. That is why so many members use Location to put some humor, or banner not to be considered part of their posts. Just some humor.

if the the astute Gov'nor and Dr S take an honest look at Jolly Jack Pusser's image or become more familiar with a close up on google. You will see someone, a sailor, slighly tipsy at best, maybe missing a few marbles. From what, I'm not sure, maybe to many days at sea in combinaton with a daily ration of rum. So if you are going to equate the avatar with the previous Fantasy location, England for English BNP, it doesn't bode well for BNP, and would be congruent with Dr S. position - minus the hatred.

It starts with kind thoughts and words....Oh might you be above that... wonder why.

Oh dear. Nobody cares about your avatar of a rum drinking sailor.

What we do care about is you suggesting an affinity to a far right groups whose views are unacceptale to most. Then again you probably don't care because you live under a bridge.

troll.jpg

Next

i have been quite amazed to read the absolute childish and uncalled for attack on jjpusser. i have come onto this forum and site to find out more about bikes from knowledgeable people... NOT to read a load of egotistical and uncalled for remarks such as those made by dr s.
Dr s...you have made it apparent that your extensive knowledge of bikes has taken up all your brain cells and you have forgotten how to be a decent human being.
i expect a post from you now, slating my response and probably getting personal.. but who are you anyway?? i really dont want to know and certainly do not care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back