Pace RC200 F6 complete bike £350 (as far as I can tell) STW

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Over on singletrackworld: http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/r ... 3&t=497003

Author: failedengineer
Date: 26/03/07 12:44

I'm having to sell my beloved Pace to help pay for a road bike. Its somewhat of a 'Bitsa' at the moment, RC30 forks, pace stem, X - Lite flat bars & bar ends, USE post, Deore 26/36/48 cranks, slick tyres, XTR hubs, 8 speed XT mechs etc. I had it converted to take a disc at the rear (using Pace bits), but the Rc30s are v brake only. I've had it from new and it hasn't been off road for 7 years. That said. it has a few scrapes here and there, but no dents. The headset has seen better days and the rims are part worn, as is the rear mech. However, everything works fine. I'm looking for around £350, plus post if required, but I'd rather not post it. I can probably deliver to Cumbria, Lancs, N Yorks areas or maybe further afield. Pics available. Plenty of interest last time, but it is still for sale. a similar one went for over £600 on ebay last week, so that's where this one is going if it doesn't sell this time!

Think I have seen pictures of this.

Frankenbike doesn't come close. Ask for a close up of the disc mount for gawds sake.

JS1500":u5tm8dj3 said:
Aww man, I wish i'd just been paid! :(

No, you don't. The disk mount ruins the bike. The words 'barge pole' and 'don't touch' spring to mind....

John":1v82levb said:
JS1500":1v82levb said:

No, you don't. The disk mount ruins the bike. The words 'barge pole' and 'don't touch' spring to mind....

Ah, ok. He made it sound like a factory bolt-on in the ad.

John":11gnd3k3 said:
JS1500":11gnd3k3 said:

Not so. Pace did an drop out with disc mounts attached, this bolts on to the seat stay on a purpose built bottle boss bolt.

I have one for my RC200F6. Can be converted back to non disc with just a 4mm and 5mm allen key. I assume from the description that this is what we are discussing.

Stick Legs":7fd9shtq said:
John":7fd9shtq said:
JS1500":7fd9shtq said:

Not so. Pace did an drop out with disc mounts attached, this bolts on to the seat stay on a purpose built bottle boss bolt.

I have one for my RC200F6. Can be converted back to non disc with just a 4mm and 5mm allen key. I assume from the description that this is what we are discussing.

Doesn't sound quite the same.

There is a dropout with the lower disc tab on which looks reasonably 'stock' from the pictures'. The upper disc mount has been welded directly onto the frame......

Ahhh...

A picture tells a thousand words. I am working with a lap top and a Mobile from ship so it would take 2 days to get a picture up! :LOL:

Sounds very dodgy in that case.

Stick Legs":162irpkd said:
Ahhh...

A picture tells a thousand words. I am working with a lap top and a Mobile from ship so it would take 2 days to get a picture up! :LOL:

Sounds very dodgy in that case.

Quite. Drop me a note when you get back to Blighty.... can mail you a pic if interested.

Back