My Passoni…

intermediate phase:
img0534sxs.jpg

Brakes : campagnolo delta with cane creek amber levers
Shifters : shimano dura ace on the frame !
derailleurs : mavic (front and rear)
Tires : veloflex amberwalls
Hubs : shimano… I've got Phill woods titanium hubs but, how to put a shimano free-weel on it ?
Crank : I hope a surprise soon…

Imprtant : note the bar tape in the same color as the chair in background… :LOL:

it's an amazing bike, the lines are simple and robust yet elegant.

The headset is also the first thing I noticed that I didn't like though. And personally I think it doesn't need all that amber and white, some all black tires, black bar tape and a pair of Campagnolo carbon levers with integrated shifters (kind of modern but looks very clean and tidies up the down tube and SO much more user friendly!) would make this a stunning bike!!

I actually think the Delta's look too chunky for this, and with the gum levers I would get a tan saddle.

Mind you I still love this bike.

For the headset, I love mavic parts and they work fine.
It's too easy to say "it's an italian frame, you must put campy parts !" :LOL:
I only wanted to put beautifull parts. For me, and it's my opinion, the mavic headset and the delta brakes have to be on this frame.
When I bought this bike, there were campy carbon shifter-brakes lever, but I hate modern groupo. Modern road bike and road parts with big carbon tubes and are so vulgar. So, I have sold them :LOL:. They were not in the philosophy of that frame, not my philosophy and pleasure for riding… ;)

I'll receive the crank soon… :D

Just remeber that these are people's opinions, don't take them the wrong way :)

I absolutely love it! I also think the tyres look fab and lend it an understated but slightly menacing look, tan/skinwall tyres always look great on slender road frames (I can't come up with a reason for that though...) though I think it looked even more stunning without anything on it, as someone said, it would make the perfect fixie if you ever (unlikely) got bored with it.

As said above, I think this is a wonderful bike as it is. But if you ever feel the inclination, it would make an exquisite fixie -with a little brown leather tape on the bars. :)

detomaso":yl7lng5n said:
Just remeber that these are people's opinions, don't take them the wrong way :)

I just explain my choices on it, and to only say my opinions. If I agree, I say it, if I don't agree, I say it too. :LOL:
If I show my projects on the forum, it's to keep ideas I didn't think… ;)

Whan I have bought the bike, I t had black tires, black bar ruban… so, the bike was too sad. I had old shimano brakes lever with amber. I saw that white-amber color and titanium were great themselve. So It's the way I prefered to try.
I love amber wall tires. A little nostalgic, but timeless…

24pouces":1y8frnuk said:
intermediate phase:
img0534sxs.jpg

OK, this is of course just my opinion, as far as colour is concerned, it's spot on. The combination of the black saddle, white bar tape, brown hoods and brown sidewall tyres is the classic look. All black and/or coloured tyres are ugly!

I'm short so I also ride a small sized frame, but I think a bike with a small frame don't look good, the proportions are not right. The best looking bike has to have a frame size about 56-58cm, imho.

It's just me perhaps but those forks are horrible :( the unicrown and the non-tapering fork blades are just so wrong :LOL:

Latest posts

Back