1990 Raleigh 'Mountain Bike Team'

I've just started to restore my 531 framed version of the team bike. Slightly different decals and suntour xcd groupset. Many many happy muddy miles spent on it and I hope to do a fair few more. Glad to see somebody else has got one I thought I had the only one as I've never been able to find any info on them. I hope to get out on a few retro rides in the future :D

Sounds just like me mate, I did all sorts of crazy stuff on my Mustang assuming it could take the pounding the richers boys bikes could :shock: keep them piccies coming :p

raleighboy":dcz82a13 said:
I've just started to restore my 531 framed version of the team bike. Slightly different decals and suntour xcd groupset. Many many happy muddy miles spent on it and I hope to do a fair few more. Glad to see somebody else has got one I thought I had the only one as I've never been able to find any info on them. I hope to get out on a few retro rides in the future :D

This was the one I wanted, any pics you can post now?

Carl.

Sorry not at the moment. I got it back from the blasters yesterday so not much to look at at the moment. I'm having problems finding anything out about it though. I need all the frame stickers :( god knows where I'll get them from??? Does anyone know how rare the 531 model is??

raleighboy":lara0a0v said:
Sorry not at the moment. I got it back from the blasters yesterday so not much to look at at the moment. I'm having problems finding anything out about it though. I need all the frame stickers :( god knows where I'll get them from??? Does anyone know how rare the 531 model is??

Very I believe, I only ever saw one hung on the wall of Fleet Cycles.

Carl.

Well Carl if you want one there is one for sale on e'bay at the moment. It got a day or so to go and its only at a fiver. Need decals and tidying but its all there I think and it is the 531 model. I never realised how rare it was until recently and didn't even know it was 531 till earlier this year. Thats when I realised I had something nice and it was time to restore it :D

raleighboy":23qh8jgh said:
Well Carl if you want one there is one for sale on e'bay at the moment. It got a day or so to go and its only at a fiver. Need decals and tidying but its all there I think and it is the 531 model. I never realised how rare it was until recently and didn't even know it was 531 till earlier this year. Thats when I realised I had something nice and it was time to restore it :D

That one is way too big for me, why did people buy 23" MTBs?
I am sure there is a later model too that crossed over with the Techniums, possilbly a 1990 model that had slightly different geometry and was fitted with a t-bone stem. My mate had a Cajun fromt eh lightweights range and I am sure that was fitted with a t-bone stem.

Carl.

I think mines a 23" I'm 6' 4" so thats why I got a big frame :D But I do agree smaller frames look nicer.
Has anyone got any pics of the 531 model as I need to get some new stickers made and only have one very bad pic as reference.

Technium was a range of bikes imported from Raleigh USA.

There was no conection with Team Raleigh. However, Raleigh Special Products continued to produce frames either brazed Reynolds, Bonded as per Dyna-Tech and finally welded titanium.

There were a number of these, at various times which formed part, of tye catalogued range.

All of this came to an end in 2001 with the closure of the Special Products Division.

Back