What to do with my Dyna-Tech?????????

bitd my best mate had one of these and i always liked it, he sold it for £150 in 1992 just before he went to Malaysia for a few years - i was away myself at the time and was absolutely gutted when i found he'd sold it so cheap as i would have loved it!

I really like the look of it (just noticed the similarity with my Marin re: colour scheme!) defo leave the paint as is i reckon, just clean it up a bit and change and groupset items if they are no longer performing..

As a follow up.
Groupset et al functioning superbly, a joy to ride, (middle chainring needs replaced soon though).
However, some small rust blemmishes are begining to show through the paint, therefore;
Conclusion: This frame is in need of a strip and re-paint.

Question : Do I strip to the frame and entrust a third party to strip, treat undercoat then base coat and clear it?
OR do I, given that I have the time and space and some relative rattlecan skill, undertake the job myself?

Argos did a really really nice job of 'Sticklegs' Dynatech in exactly the same colour scheme as yours. It wasn't cheap, but it was beautiful.

Try your local bike shop.... they may know a good painter????

And theres always the yellow pages......... :)

Back