The Rumour Mill

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Overheard during Saturday's rideout....

1. That 'Jezza' and 'Rutteger' don't actually exist - they are merely cyberspace characters that, through clever programming, produce ramdom threads that appear to be forum-related....

2. That the forum is being infiltrated by zillions of Kona riders who hope to become an all powerful splinter group - I myself was cajoled behind a tree (!) and told to buy and build a Kona immediately, if I knew what was good for me...

3. That Angel Delight butterscotch tyres were declared illegal by the EU some years back after top secret several road safety tests concluded that it was near impossible to stop crashing your bike - even when cycling in a straight line...

4. That Gus Tangled is a criminal mastermind dealing in precious metals, is on the run and wanted by Interpol - did you notice that every time someone got a camera out he changed his outfit...

Anyone else hear anything controversial in the pack....???

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Jezza, Rutteger, Zak Tempest and Gary Fisher are all inventions of overactive minds/lack of sleep. Any one who unwittingly falls into the trap of believing they are real will become a part of a Davidian type cult and end their days being burnt in their grand church (well a small bedroom in Warwickshire) after an FBI style stand-off with the STW/MBUK massiv

mrkawasaki":24ve1y9z said:
Overheard during Saturday's rideout....did you notice that every time someone got a camera out he changed his outfit...

...I've got a feeling that although true, this fact is going to come back and haunt me. :oops:

:LOL: :LOL:

The other retro group in the woods were very scary and weird .

Hilts has a fatal attraction to the ground .

I have no sense of direction at all , the planned ride was only 10 miles .

cchris2lou":27xbk450 said:

I'm glad it wasn't, it would have only taken 4 hours. ;)

I thought Roon was just standing up everywhere because he was a super fit Aussie and we were clearly going too slowly for him, but it was just that his (lovely looking) carbon Flite was sooo painful he couldn't sit down!

And he'd gone on about how it was 'actually surprisingly comfortable' before we departed.

LOL.

if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room !

No sympathy at home for my 'merrick' sized shin..

Mrs F - Why are you hobbling ?
Me - I crashed quite badly
Mrs F - were you showing off ?
Me - not really
Mrs F - Then why did you crash
Me - Well I sort of cycled in to someone going quite quickly
Mrs F - Well then you're an idiot ....

cchris2lou":1dlv635g said:
:LOL: :LOL:

The other retro group in the woods were very scary and weird .

yeah - made us feel normal!

I'm afraid the extra mileage may have been my fault - but you'd never do peaslake and back in 10 miles!

I fear I'll be banned from all future retro-biking due to having brakes that worked and a Kona of all things.

It's ok Joe, you'll be invited to our breakaway 'Kona only' splinter group !! You may have to lose all ability to brake though...

Back