WTD: Raleigh 753 frame (Ti colours) around 22"

itisaboutthebike

Devout Dirtbag
Genuine Ti Raleigh 753 frames only please.

PM me with what yer got

I actually owned one of these back in 1980..........but sold it in the Sept that year for college funds (I ended up drinking the money away in the first 4 weeks - what an idiot !)

Guess I'm trying to re-discover my yooth...........

itisaboutthebike":tp7ssf4o said:
Pity its the shot in seat stay model (the side tacked seat stays were the real team models).

does that really matter?? Its still an SB serial number frame

It is not mine. I am only providing a lead.

I had one btw. One with the stays you would like, so a couple of years older than the one under the link. It is John's now.

Can you please tell me what is the difference between the above Team and the 'Team' model you are referring to? You want a frame actually been used by for example 'de Kneet' ??

itisaboutthebike":3tpcpceb said:
does that really matter?? Its still an SB serial number frame

Well kind of.....as it's not a 'team' model.

Anyhows - how much do yer want for it............

Early ones had the design of stay you are after, later ones had the ones that this frame has.

At least according to the catalogues.

Can you please tell me what is the difference between the above Team and the 'Team' model you are referring to? You want a frame actually been used by for example 'de Kneet' ??

Not sure really - but I think the shot in stays were after the TI Raleigh team stopped sponsoring the(continental - but not the UK) team. I think Peter Posts team only used side tacked models (altho I'm prepared to be corrected on that).

Raleigh also produced a 531 'team' with shot in stays as per the one you've provided. I also had one of these !

The UK Raliegh team used (initially) the (predominatly) white/blue frames and latterly (when co-sponsored by Banana) black/yellow (with the proliference of the cheap gas pipe raleigh/banana 'team' bikes)

I think the TI Raleigh excisted untill 1983. Later Posts team evolved into Panasonic with 1st Raleigh bicycles, somewhat later 2yr Colnago and finally Panasonic's own PR-6000

Whether or not you're interested I shall provide a little translation:
- he is looking for offers
- for concours a resto needed
- for rider little work needed (little rust)
- more pics on request
- shipping possible (what is exceptional for this kind of classified sites)

That Raleigh is beautiful, and perfect for hanging the 'spare' Super Record gruppo I happen to be hoarding. I dn't think that hilarydstone will give up without a fight though!

Anyway, can you explain how marktplaats auctions work - when will this one end? Or does it end semi-arbitrarily after the bids dry up? Also, what does

Balhoofd: Hattaswan

mean?

Cheers, Gareth.

Back