1992 'Dale BotE M800 update 27/8/09

413mm, they are the lesser of all evil(s)

Kona P2: 440mm

Salsa: Cro-Moto 425mm

Surly 1x1: 413mm

I know 'ideally' I need something about lower, but try finding something that will accommodate... lol

Actually, it doesn't lift the front end at all, they are fine, don't think my headtube's gonna rip off anytime soon! ;) And having sat on it, it feels tres comfortable...

I know the frame is not suspension-corrected... but most after market rigid forks (modern) are for frames that are, bit of a dilemma, but one does what one must! :)

Fatfixie is bringing me some Pepperonis over in about 5 weeks, then I have to wait 6 weeks for them to be custom sprayed to match the frame.

These will be fine until then, I guess I'll either sell these on with uncut steerer, or use them for another build.

If Fatfixies pep's steerer tube is not long enough, I shall leave these on...

Cheesey

cheesey":2aazn6fh said:
413mm, they are the lesser of all evil(s)

Kona P2: 440mm

Salsa: Cro-Moto 425mm

Surly 1x1: 413mm

I know 'ideally' I need something about lower, but try finding something that will accommodate... lol

Not so bad if the Peppers are on their way I guess, I know it's probably considered a heinous crime but I wonder what it would ride like with Accu Trax? (typically 390mm), would make it less lively taking into account the already high BB on Beasts. (Aesthetically I guess they would suck on a 'Dale..)

Maybe they actually wouldn't look too bad, if sprayed the same as the frame... again, it's getting hold of a set with super-long steerer! :?

cheesey":2gsbwpvb said:
it's getting hold of a set with super-long steerer! :?

Where there's a will there's a way....;)

This long? (not for sale btw..)
this_long.jpg

I had a 410mm Kona P2 on my Beast to start, and it looked funny and felt awful. In my opinion, the Pepperoni is the way to go.

I like the white. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3260.jpg
    IMG_3260.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 578
  • beast1small.JPG
    beast1small.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 578
They look at home don't they? :cool:

I'll report back on what the Surly's feel like (this bike is only being ridden on road I may add, no XC for this one) :cry:

Bit of a wait on those peps, but I am sure they will be the dogs danglies when on the rig! Especially when I get them resprayed!

:cool:

UPDATE on progress.

Well, she is finally there (well almost)

The only thing left is the cabling (gear and brake - just waiting for the inners to turn up from CRC). Fix chain and tighten headset /fix top cap.

Please forgive the skinny-slicks on there, this is going to be used as a road/training bike, and is light enough/fit for purpose. Undoubtedly looks a little odd, however, I am sure she will make for a stunning ride.

The pedals look large, however, fine for me as I have size 10/11 feet and need a large stable platform, no straps on the toe clips, as I find them bloody dangerous!

All NOS kit (minus a couple of parts) and she looks brand new, impressive that she's 17 years old!!!

Anyway, here are some up to date pics, nothing will change apart from the cabling, I am VERY happy with the build, and it weighs approx 221b (not confirmed as of yet)

Thoughts/comments?

Obviously when I get the Pep's from fatfixie, it will lower the front end by approx 20mm so this will make a difference....

s1050532.jpg

s1050526.jpg

s1050530.jpg

s1050529.jpg

s1050528.jpg

s1050527.jpg

s1050531.jpg

s1050533.jpg

s1050534.jpg

Back