Sexy Goat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont know what the deal is with these Goats of late - thats the third one thats come up asking for STUPID money.

There was a burgundy one on ebay for £3500 or so.

One on here other week for over a grand for the frame.

Now this one at 5000.

Nuts!!

Baring in mind that black and yellow splash one in Nottingham on ebay went for 200 quid with a fork and mech.

I think some people are expecting a little too much for these. Exceeding boutique ti and also notorious Klein prices...

contact russ who did (& still does) the original paint & the level for this recent ebay bike would be around $1200. the paint on the recent UK sale was stock & considerably cheaper.. plus it looked pretty beat up.

admittadly the US sale is still expensive.

scant":24thyi50 said:
the paint on the recent UK sale was stock & considerably cheaper.. plus it looked pretty beat up

The UK bike came with a Mavic headset, mint (rare)1" steerer Judy DH forks with speed springs, a mint M900 front mech, seatpost and a full set of almost new Avid Arch Rivals. £206 delivered to my door!

The paint looked terrible in the pics but after a good cutting compound and few touch ups here and there (the real beauty of the splatter paint job is that you can get away with touching up the chips with more splatter :LOL: ) and a new set of decals from gil and it looks very nice indeed!

I'm still suprised and very pleased that it didn't go much higher. fully built up with nice bits I will have less than £600 in it. And for that money i can risk thrashing its tits off :D

Si

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: A sweet frame. But not that sweet :roll:

Dr S":1qnnqsa7 said:
scant":1qnnqsa7 said:
the paint on the recent UK sale was stock & considerably cheaper.. plus it looked pretty beat up

The UK bike came with a Mavic headset, mint (rare)1" steerer Judy DH forks with speed springs, a mint M900 front mech, seatpost and a full set of almost new Avid Arch Rivals. £206 delivered to my door!

The paint looked terrible in the pics but after a good cutting compound and few touch ups here and there (the real beauty of the splatter paint job is that you can get away with touching up the chips with more splatter :LOL: ) and a new set of decals from gil and it looks very nice indeed!

I'm still suprised and very pleased that it didn't go much higher. fully built up with nice bits I will have less than £600 in it. And for that money i can risk thrashing its tits off :D

Si

I wasnt so much pointing out the condition. more that the frame is 1 of the cheapest paint job options, compared to this US goat.
a larger frame size, with a better quality listing & better pics woulda made more for certain. but hey happy days for you for picking up a bargain ;)

just edited this to add the stem is a california yuppie paint job & a cool item in itself :cool:

The stem is killing me. Its clashing with the build but would be a crime to paint over it. Maybe I need to send it to Russ next year for a full Yuppie shoot. Yuppie is a cool painjob after all I'm sure you will agree.

The standard paint on a goat is pretty cheap looking IMO and a child could do it without too much trouble. I'm just hoping the legend has been built up around the riding experience. I'll get back to you on that.

I am always supprised why sellers don't make more effort when selling a frame such as mine- it was scruffy when it arrived but most of it polished off and even before touching up the paint it looked 90% better.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back