cellulose or enamel

mojopete

Dirt Disciple
What do you recommend.

Can't afford to get it professionally done so its a DIY job.
Frame is stripped down to bare metal, was going to use etch primer but its a bit expensive just for a fog coat only.

So thinking about useing a cellulose primer and top coat and a lacquer coat, only thing is decals wont take cellulose.

Pete.

Once you've bought your materials a professional powdercoat will be cheaper.

Seriously, some places will do them for £30, and to a standard and durability you won't match at home.

chris667":1x2ov4j8 said:

Seriously, some places will do them for £30, and to a standard and durability you won't match at home.

The guys I use are a five minute drive from my house, never charge me more then £15+VAT and the frames always come out perfect.

There's no way I'd do a DIY paint-job, but I like doing the stripping and tidying-up beforehand.

I also found a chrome plater even closer to my house. I had a set of forks done a bit ago and they looked ace.

chris667":1xm75jo9 said:

good advice :cool:

Good advice thanks.....but have gone done the DIY route.

Being metallic it needs a laquer coat to finnish so would have made fixing the decals (8 of them) problematic for anybody doing the spraying.

Have got the primer and first top coat on, looks fine , will post some pics when its done.

Pete.

Back