NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Dr S":s49tdaq5 said:
kaiser":s49tdaq5 said:
Yes your a troubled soul indeed :twisted:

You only know half of it!
Its my 5th wedding anniv on Thursday and I was hoping for an early release on parole :?

Oh well.

Thats the hope that kills us :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2r39uo7p said:
9th this year and the time doesn't get any easier mate :twisted:

No wonder you look so down trodden :LOL:

Anyone gone tubeless?

I thought that tubeless would be the answer to the punctures I get on the Cotic.

Well....
I was out around the woods behind the river last night and hit a few roots at a funny angle with low pressure in the tyres, which burped out a little more air. Next corner was a little hairy so I stopped and had a look. I was down to about 18-20psi and having no pump with me I cut short my ride and headed home (I had plenty of fettling to do anyway).
Anyway, as I hit smooth tarmac i felt a huge wobble and looked down to see my front wheel all over the place and almost hitting the fork. I stopped and had a look- I thought the wheel was tacco'd, but it was just the tyre. Pushed it home.
I got back to workshop and deflated the tyre (a new Conti Mountain King), checked it was properly seated on the rim and re-inflated. Even worse! the tyre wobbles about 3 inches from side to side.
Threw it in the van this morning, up to work and took off the tyre (much mess from sealant), checked the casing inside and out- no signs of damage, cleaned it all up and re-fitted it. Still the same :evil: .
Now i know these lightwieght tyres have thin casings but is this right? the tyre is only 3 weeks old and has full tread but is now scrap- it must be some sort of rupture of the weave under the rubber??

well cheesed off.
Si

Know next to nowt about tubeless si however I run with bog standard cheapo inners and panaracer fire xc tyres and last time I punctured (cursing myself now :roll:) was 2 years ago at grizedale and pretty sure that was because I ran them to soft, as I was on the rigid clockwork and them there trails are rough. If you can stand the tyres firm might help you? Mind you are most of the punctures thorns or pinch?

Slow, fast, pinch, thorn, valves tearing out.... Had about 15-20 punctures in the last year in total. Pretty sick of them. I've had a few high speed deflations which really play on the mind when pressing on a bit.

Si

The funniest one was on the weekender.

We had been sat in the ancient stone circle at simon Howe for a good 20 minutes waiting for Sidewinder and his broken rear whell to catch up. A crack team then spent another 20 minutes rebuilding his hub. Just as they were refitting it onto his bike there was a bang from my bike which was just laid on the heather. The original rubber rim strip had split and the tube around the valve went bang and sprayed Slime everywhere. Luckily I had another tube and we made a temporary rim strip out of the knackered one with extra reinforcment around the valve (which I must admit is still there).
Thats the best thing about bodges- the good ones end up being permament!

Si

:shock: :LOL:

did you have a good ride tonight lads? Might go out for a hour but it will be a wet one :evil: - we need sunshine goddamnit!

Latest posts

Back