Southwest Ride-Minehead 23/08-route page2

Looks like a cool route and pretty chav free :LOL:

I cant wait for this but not so sure my Saracen is ...................... :LOL:

@Toady what you bringing then chap ??

I'm the same... Looking forward to Sunday but not to sure about the tequesta it's some what unproven offroad... Only had a couple of shakedown rides on the road since she was built.. :? :roll:

Hi GM i will mostly be riding (or pushing ?) a trekker on sunday should be intresting ive only ridden it down the hill to the pub and then changed the bars, stem, seatpost, pedals, cranks and some other bits and bobs :roll:

APRIL09149.jpg

toadoftoadhall":i34784tk said:
Hi GM i will mostly be riding (or pushing ?) a trekker on sunday should be intresting ive only ridden it down the hill to the pub and then changed the bars, stem, seatpost, pedals, cranks and some other bits and bobs :roll:

Double U brake, Im liking it !

I have only had a couple of rides on the road on mine so will be good to see how it copes with bumps etc etc, Fear not I will be bringing a headset spanner with me :p

I'm more worryed about the gearing and praying the climbs are not to brutal... Running a 8 speed compact cassette and i don't have time to change it......... :(

quote="stoner"I'm more worryed about the gearing and praying the climbs are not to brutal... Running a 8 speed compact cassette and i don't have time to change it......... :(

Dont worry chap if you pop around one evening we can rob the cassette and chain off of the Clockwork for sunday (cant do friday or saturday as im doing the racksaw at yesterdays farming)

Cheers Toad i have another cassette and spare links for chain, chap....
So no need to rob the orange....... :D

don't know if i can make it to yours ( will try ) i'm working plus ripping out my backgarden the wife will have my balls if i vanish to play with bikes... :cry:

there is a chance that i'll have my specialized i bought today by the weekend, which would be cool.

the climbs are not very steep but there are 2 quite long but not too techy climbs. i predict everyone will be knackered but the final decent will be fun :D
think its best to avoid dunster as it's mental there on sundays... prob just drop down into minehead at the end it avoids 2 miles of road too

What specialized did you get??? a stumpy, rockhopper............. :p

What year is it..... post a pic, Dirtjumper...... :D

Back