Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet - Pre-ftermath

just need to find a better (ridable) link across the back of the hills, perhaps taking in the summit of CastleLaw hill from the side of Glencorse reservoir.

Aye, the track that goes up past the fort with the range on the left side would be do-able - I walked some of this with my daughter earlier in the year. Steep at first, and heavily rutted in places, and even though you'd be riding a fair bit further than what we did yesterday, the easier terrain would more than make up for it I think.

Velo, if you want a higher-res version of that photo, give me a shout. I think flickr possibly limits it to 1024 pixels in width? The original from my phone is 2048.

see that track you've marked out , the furthest bit north east is where i was waiting for you guys , just along from the 2 toilets :oops: :oops:

please tell me you done that track anti-clockwise ???

Hanging around public lavs, eh? :roll:

Aye, we did it anti-clockwise. Clockwise wouldn't have been half as much fun without the 2 cracking downhills.

I've posted this Sundays proposed route and it includes the Castlelaw climb past the ranges but gets to that first cracking dh I dinged my wheel on more directly, less tarmac, farm road.

How your going to get that monster bike of yours, Big Eck, up half those climbs is a mystery to me. You got a helicopter handy with a winch :LOL:

ave got good legs , i played rugby for a few years and with all the cycling....

i'd like to weigh the bike sometime for a laugh , must be a good 80/90lbs ? :oops:

Back