Whats a good price on Crossmax wheels

thrustyjust

Devout Dirtbag
Been offered an apparently very clean pair of original early crossmax wheels (non disc) without skewers sadly,for £80.I believe it sounds like a good deal or am I being overcharged?

Depends on what type of crossmax we're talking about....

The very first weren't of great quality.

The very first were great - I'm still riding/racing with a pair!

I think it sounds like a good deal, check for too many chips on the ceramic (a little is ok), that spokes are not stuck in nipples (straight pull spokes a bugger to unstuck). Bearings are easily replaceable.

Shame about the skewers yes, I think they are possibly some of the best around.

Think it depends on the riding skills :p
Firend of myhad them and had nothing but trouble with them.....but now i think of him he's not quite the smooth rider ;)

I had a rear one for years. No problems and even sold it last month.....err to Sylvain.

Maybe, very maybe i know a set for sale, front wheel ok, rear has a cracked rim but good for parts.

But i'll have to ask my lbs what he wants to do with it.

sylvain":mf9pc4ju said:

The skewers on mine were pants - once the plastic bit fell off they had to go in the bigboxofbrokenbikebits (where they still are).

messiah":2n1tj2ty said:
sylvain":2n1tj2ty said:

The skewers on mine were pants - once the plastic bit fell off they had to go in the bigboxofbrokenbikebits (where they still are).

Same here.. That'll be two pairs I've busted.. :?

Great wheelset tho, had the same pair since '99 and despite a bit of pitting, still rolling true [~ish after freighting them] and ceramic coating in pretty good condition.. :cool:

ive got a front crossmax bought pretty much as soom as they were released :D and its still rolling true now!!!

would love to get hold of a rear wheel to go with it :)

and back on topic, £80 for the pair sounds a good deal!

Back