Another Hei Hei....99% finished!

Neil G":3ldbdb2s said:
I really don't know if flex in the stays is actually damaging to the frame in any way, not sure how many cycles Ti can take!

I guess it will take squillions of cycles of flex...
just think of those nice soft tail titanium bikes...
don't hear of them snapping on the soft joint now do we !?!

;]

Good point

Never been a fan of spongy brake feel though regardless of wether the stopping is any good or not

Got the salsa booster though (thanks Messiah) and it does look pretty nice...think I'll see if it makes a lot of difference on there

Just a quick update...been meaning to take some new pics of the Hei Hei for ages and finally managed to get out at the weekend to take a few in the fading evening sun.

Fitted new decals from Gil m which look great, some purple bottle bolts have gone on and have got some Fox Floats on (reduced to 80mm) which go real nice with the frame.

Would like to get this bike out more in 2010, even thinking of doing the Set2Rise 12hr on it (weather permitting) as it's just so soft/comfortable to ride :D

Attachments

• Ti sticker.jpg
    Ti sticker.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,444
  • Hei Hei 2010_4.jpg
    Hei Hei 2010_4.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,444
  • Hei Hei 2010_02.jpg
    Hei Hei 2010_02.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,444
although original build looks ace, it's nice to see a modern refresh on an old retro steed looking that good still! ;)

That's exactly what I mean. I'm looking at a new hard-tail in a couple of months and that wouldn't look hugely out of place in a bike shop today :) .

Cheers for the comments

There is something about a lot of Ti frames...they seem to take good quality modern parts fairly well. I have toyed with the idea of taking everything off and going period correct but I know it would take up too much of my time and I'd then probably be reluctant to use it!

Feel slightly bad about the risers though! I did try flats but the brake levers caught the top tube and I didn't have enough steerer tube to space up the stem!

What colour has that been re-sprayed? Or did you just get the best match for the original colour?

It looks so deep! Lovely finish!

Looks good. Tough choice on using new kit, but if you're gonna race it's the only way to go.

Was looking to go new kit on my Saracen build, but sticking with retro after admitting to myself I am getting on a bit now :cry:

everest30":333qxxit said:
Looks good. Tough choice on using new kit, but if you're gonna race it's the only way to go.

Was looking to go new kit on my Saracen build, but sticking with retro after admitting to myself I am getting on a bit now :cry:

IMO new forks are better than anything period correct suspension wise...those Foxes track nicely and are the right length for the bike. Originally had Manitou 3s on, just remember how bad those were, floppy as hell and the elastomers went rock solid in the cold lol

Still think it looks good with a refresh...stealthy like ti bikes should be :D

Back