Retrobike Spring Meet 07 - The Aftermath

Well this was my first Retrobike meet and i would like to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome - It was good to put faces to names.

The route was great and the singletrack was amazing - thanks to all those who organised it.

Here's to the next meet :D

Nominations for other prizes:

"last minute arrival" has to go to Matt for arriving and building the shock-a-billy during the photos before the ride.

"Most Faffing" - Wutangled for changing entire wordrobe at every stop

As for the "lost at sea" that'd have to be Neil (i think, sorry if I've got that wrong) on the yeti ultimate who appeared at the tower just as we were about to split up and search. I don't think the poor bloke had time for a cup of tea either!

What a great day!! Fantastic trails, love that Telegraph section.. 27 miles.. Strewth, I was beat by the end of the day for sure..

Great to meet everyone and put names to faces.. Looking forward to seeing the photos :D

Carbon Flites ain't built for comfort. :roll:

Great ride and meet yesterday :D

Turnout was around thirty which was really great, thanks to everyone for coming down. Big thanks also to James (Hilts) for organising and Gravity Karma (Joe) and Chris (Chris) for leading.

Riding round the South Downs was top as well which was a bonus. Definitely the best retro meet yet from the point of view of turnout, riding and (relative) lack of mechanicals. Want to see even more people next time :D

Great pics Sylvain, I've upped your quota in the Gallery so you should be able to uplaod a few more. I've also made sure the others with cameras (Hilts and Neil) have a bigger gallery quota....

Ended up having curry and beers in Dorking afterwards, any of the chaps that stay over make it over to Guilford ;)

Will try and remember the roll call off the top of my head...

John
Gump (Andy)
Simod (Simon)
Sylvain
Sylvain's mate Graham
Chris
Lid
Russel
Kona Kid
Scarlett
GradeA
MrK (Neil)
WuTangled (Gus)
KingRoon (Matt)
Hilts (James)
Max
StevePSD
Heathy
MadCowKev
MadCow
MarkH4ng
MarkH4ngs Dad
Matt Payne
GravityKarma (Joe)
Jango

Which means I've forgotten a few

:oops:

kingroon":hrhdp34g said:
Carbon Flites ain't built for comfort. :roll:

I felt sorry for you riding that around, it was making my eyes water just thinking about it!

Here's a few pic's.....[/img] Yesterday was so much fun!! :D
Great trails, awsome bikes and a great bunch of guys...not forgeting scarlet! Can't wait for the next one already.
Thanks to James for sorting the B&B top stuff!

Attachments

• PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 3,495
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 3,495
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 3,495
Couldn't fit them all in, so here's some more!!

Attachments

• PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 3,491
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 3,491
awesome ride! and what a turnout!! :D i think i collected the Tardyness award! lol!!

the trailes are superb down there, real nice fast singletrack, perfect for a nice XC bash! 26.91 miles, 6ish hours in the saddle and 2:51 actual cycling time! acording to my Flightdeck, with 50% of the time stationary, I think the cafe's and cake shop did well out of us! :)

cheers fr organising and to everyone for making it such good fun!

Thanks to everyone who organized the day. It was like going back 10 years hearing the clatter of a non suspended hard tail rattle past.
The weather held out well for the day. Not so cold that you could not feel your fingers or feet, but cool enough so that you did not over heat on any of the climbs.
It was really good to put names to faces and see old cherished bikes being used properly by everyone, not one member of the group 'Pussy footed' about though fear of chipping their paint or propelling their Fat Chance into a tree (Matt).
The curry house provided entertainment watching Hilts amused the folk on the table next to us whist Max pondered where 'Steak and Chips' were on the menu.

John":1bbggrpe said:
Great pics Sylvain, I've upped your quota in the Gallery so you should be able to uplaod a few more. I've also made sure the others with cameras (Hilts and Neil) have a bigger gallery quota....

Thanks, I have uploaded the rest.

Back