My 98 Raleigh Tomac signature MTi1000

Made in Nottingham at Raleigh Special Products.

IMI Titanium frame, plasma-arc welded by Mickey Rooney (and that IS his real name) with glass bead-blasted finish.

Then shipped to Raleigh USA.

John Tomac was not involved in the design or manufacture, However he did race one prior to the product launch and won the Sea Otter Classic on it and also a race in Australia.

DocBraunson":1x2ovmkl said:
Nah, the MTi2000 was the one with the carbon tubes. I think that i read it retailed for $6,700. !

the ti/carbon that retailed for that much was the john tomac replica.

scant":35sxznql said:
DocBraunson":35sxznql said:
Nah, the MTi2000 was the one with the carbon tubes. I think that i read it retailed for $6,700. !

the ti/carbon that retailed for that much was the john tomac replica.

And how would you know that Scant? ;)

oh and sorry that i assumed that it was made in Seattle. I think someone at my LBS suggested that it could have been made at TiCycles here in seattle but seems like it started its life a little bit further away...

I have one of these fames in my garage in the same finish. Also check out the pic on my signature. Ignore the Jamis decals, that frame is the same but was polished as in th UK we sold most like that.

Raleigh Titanium Tomac

Picked this up for $200 from a Craigslist ad in Queens NY. I believe that this is a 92-93 model. I also own a 92-93 MT500 Technium that I've had since then. [/img]

Attachments

• Tomac1_.gif
    Tomac1_.gif
    144.6 KB · Views: 2,868
tell me you didn't pay $200 for the bike as we see it. it was just the frame right? also what size is your seat post never was certain of mine and it looks like there is a shim in there. is yours the same? anyway sweet bike yours looks amazing!

Raleigh Titanium Tomac

The bike was listed as "best offer". I inquired about what price he had in mind-answer was $100 cash. The owner said that someone else was interested and would pay $140! The $140 guy didn't show up, and when I followed up I offered $200, went with my son to pick it up and almost fell over when I saw the condition! Original tires! OK, one was flat, but all it took was a tube to make it rideable. Ti handlebars! I have replaced stem with a retro NOS Koski- I'm sure the original was Tioga. I also replaced the Gripshifts with XT pods.

This bike was in Queens NY-may have never been off-road by the looks of it.

Not only is it close to museum quality, but it rides like a dream! Only downside is that my wife has requested 12 step program to quit Craigslist! Wait 'til I find her another cool bike!

that is unbelievable!!! i got my frame on CL from a guy who bought two NOS frames 11 years ago one for him and one for his mom. they build both up but the mom's (mine ) frame was too big for her. so it sat in his garage for 10 years. then CL. he was asking $380 for the frame but ended up selling it for $250 frame only because someone didn't show up to buy it.

Could you check the seatpost size for me i can't tell what mine should be it has a shim in it now but not sure what the OE size was!!! if you could check for me that would be awesome! sweet buy I'll give you $300 for it JK..... kinda

Back