kona koa frame *refurb pics added*

Hi all, name's Mark.

I'm just about to start doing up my '96 Koa after seven years or so off the trails (think jimmer and justin writing for MBUK).

This one looked brilliant after the respray and I'm sooo tempted to get mine done, but I love the original colour too much. What do you think the chances of being able to replicate it exactly are?

If there's no chance then I may look into a different colour (white looks damn smart), where abouts would I source the decals? Is it a case of trying to salvage the originals, or get them from Second Level? The idea of a unique Koa does appeal somewhat :)

Damnit, I've missed riding!

Thanks all,
-mq

hi, most colours can be replicated by a good sprayer/powder coater but you generally pay more. i got the decals for this from ebay but gil_m on here is very good.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Is this Gil of the cycle shed? If it is then oddly enough I've stumbled across him in my searches and have already emailed him :)

Just out of curiosity, how much did the respray run you, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers!

haha, rightio. Any recommendations? I'm based near Liverpool and have googled a fair bit but can't find any sources that mention experience with bike frames. I'm expecting Postage is probably my only option.

Also, as an aside, what do you think to the overhaul I've got in mind. Looking at;

black: frame, forks (old z4s), wheels (hubs, rims, spokes), bars (247 dark angel), saddle (tioga dh)

with blue highlights: nipples, skewers, seat clamp, headset (fsa pig)

and silver bits and bobs: XT groupset, stem (247 dark angel)

Ideally I'd love blue hubs and silver nipples but my budget dsoesn't allow at the mo :( The kit ,might look a bit confused, but then so is my riding...I'll be doing a bit of everything when I get back to it but mostly trail and commute (with a bit of jumping here and there...)

Latest posts

Back