WANTED: Hifi power amplifier

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
whats out there? My recycled Linn LK-280 has just popped a channel, luckily not taking out a tweeter as it did last time.

No silly money please, budget is whatever there is spare in my paypal account....

it will be driving some Mission 753's so will need to have a large power supply.

broken LK-280 in part ex for you electronics types.

Hi i have a rotel amplifier that has blown a fuse inside it i think. Haven't used it for years. Also have a marentz cd 48 aswell that has been used for years if thats any good let me know.

I can get hold of a 19" rack amp for about 60 quid posted, 100 watts :cool:

let me know

nevermind....old thread :roll:

Hi,
Here some power amplifiers introduction to get amplified,
tarting with the LK280, this raised a healthy 82.6W at 1kHz at the onset of clipping into an 8 ohm resistive load with one channel driven, almost doubling to 158.9W into 4 ohms, and revealing the excellent power-supply regulation. (The power transformer mechanically hummed quite loudly at this latter level, however.) The LK280 is non-inverting, and its input impedance was slightly higher than specified, but still low at 3830 ohms, necessitating use with a preamplifier capable of driving low-impedance loads. The sensitivity was also slightly higher than spec, with 990mV required for maximum output, implying 28.5dB voltage gain rather than the specified 26dB. The output impedance was low at 0.06 ohms, 0.07 ohms, and 0.1 ohms at 20Hz, 1kHz, and 20kHz respectively, though there was a little DC present on the output, –27.9mV (left) and +10mV (right).
Thanks for sharing this information.

Back