Work bikes

agentorange":20n2on57 said:
Sorry folks, someone had to list one.

But wait, this aint you're average Brompton.
2770160883_5c1d8998fd_o.jpg

I have witnessed at least two people 'grinding' those frames on the metal benches opposite London Bridge station, to much amusement from passersby, myself included. Must completely **** up the chainring and chain though......absolutely bonkers!

3720573823_1347635b03_b.jpg

Picked the frame and various bits from ebay and used some other bits from the spares bin. Went fixed a couple of years ago as I originally had it set up singlespeed. Just a Tange double butted frame but I do enjoy it very much. Will possibly be fitting bull bars, not for style but the fact the drops are just a bit too low to be usable........and I can't leave anything alone :roll: its actually the one bike I don't think I would ever upgrade/sell unnecessarily, it fits its requirements more than adequately.

My full-sus retro commuting rig has been AWOL in Paris for a few years now. It was a lovely smooth ride on the pavé. 1970 Moulton Mk3 with 17" wheels and a Sturmey S5/2 five-speed hub. Sorely missed.

Attachments

• 1970 Moulton Mk3.jpg
    1970 Moulton Mk3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 4,128
Special K

Here's mine, I'm going to make a thread about this soon. 16" Kona Niihau turned in a 26" bmx cruiser :D Perfect for my short commute through the city center. I've shortened the chain since taking the picture, I'll get rid of the rear cassette soon. All the QR's have to go also.

Attachments

• niihau bike.JPG
    niihau bike.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 4,775
Here´s my Bianchi, in a place called Tizayuca, Hidalgo, just north of Mexico City. Strangely enough, you can buy pasties in the town, they were bought over by Cornish miners about 120 years ago.

Attachments

• bianchi.jpg
    bianchi.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 4,655
tuercas":1a7j4tpy said:
Here´s my Bianchi, in a place called Tizayuca, Hidalgo, just north of Mexico City. Strangely enough, you can buy pasties in the town, they were bought over by Cornish miners about 120 years ago.

thats brilliant :D what a great pic :cool:

Back