Raleigh Rally & Pentlands Meet Sunday 16th August

Am doubtful now to make the meet.
I got hammered last night, went out for a ride today to blow the old cobwebs away, down some nice steep steps and pizza'd my arm.
Worse tho was when my leg went through the frame and gave me a dull wan to the calf.
I'll make a decision in the morning.

Note to self : Dont get hammered and post wasted random p*sh on the forums :oops: and dont ride when rough as a badgers ars* :cry:

velomaniac":mfh8vnn8 said:
Blimey, not prepared to fork out £20 on a cheap lid but happy to hunt down expensive exotica for his bike.

Big Eck, your going to look daft but distinctive :LOL:

Might have cracked the brakes issue, filing shallow lines into the steel rims brake surface, like the milled rims you encountered from manufacturers who at least tried to work around the poor braking issue. Proof will be in the riding :roll:

Velo

thats how i can afford all the expensive parts :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i just went to asda and bought a bell helmet for a fiver :cool: they have loads but you'r limited to maroon or silver .....

Wish I was coming to this now sounds like it will be a laugh old duffers on 40lb bikes with no brakes and £5 helmets mind you find out where the closest a&e is ;)

Only kidding have a cracker mind and take a camera, want to see the rally bike folk!

Bell helmet for a fiver :shock: ya beauty !
Good one Big Eck, see you tomorrow :D

Sorry to hear of your bike /body disharmony Tnega, been there, done that, bought many T-shirts :oops:
Be good if your not riding for you to show up anyway so we can at least put title to face and talk toot for a bit.

Finished fettling the Alaska, hopeful of no rain otherwise my braking issues might become far from funny :roll:

I'm looking forward to seeing you'se all, nice to meet and welcome more bods into the Clan MacRetro :D

See you tomorrow,

Velo

i'll be taking a camera , hope the wind calms down a bit . it's howling outside just now....

i've just finnished the last few checks on the massif so i'm ready to go :D :D :D

Back! Should be there tomorrow, jetlag permitting- 3 hours of sleep since Thursday combined with a week of steak for every meal means I'm likely to be sluggish.
Will be riding the modern cos I've no energy to finish fettling the dyna but will bring it for photies...
Got some Canadian riding done, even a bit of red mist too, also got mistaken for homeless in maccy d's and told how to get to the drop in centre...

Big eck was it you I was meant to find a U-brake for? I finally found the missing bits for mine if you still need one.

Gaz come along it must only be a hours from your's, you can always bail if you need to get home early.

I'm almost set...
map - check
helmet - check
suitcase of tools - check
clothes for all weathers - check
Bike cleaned and maintained - fail :oops:

Back