Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

hah -- disposable "winter commuter" is what I had in mind, as well.
where are we now - mid-August?

I suppose I've become attached... :oops: :)

Hi, Is there any way I can tell what model & year my Saracen is. I think it was about 94ish it had a Ti (Type) paint finish and was rigid.
Sorry for no pics, But I don't know how to post them, Also I'm old and stupid. Ho yes its steel as well, Its a parts bin build and has been for a few years. It was stolen (from me) at one time but came back home on its own, It has bin a single speed and 27 speed as well. At the moment its 18 speed (22,32 & bash-ring) I still think it has a nice steel feel, Even though its probably 15 years old. The one thing it always dose is make me smile when I ride it, Thanks in advance for any help and keeping me up till 2am last nite reading this :LOL:

It's often a bit difficult to accurately date a Saracen even with pictures, so it'll be nigh on impossible without.

Try the 'Add an Attachment' button just below the box you type in when posting a message to add a picture or two, then we can have a look.

And welcome to the site by the way... :)

Ok will try again, This is what it says when I try to post a pic (The Attachment is too big.
Max Size: 256 KB) And I don't know how to make the pics smaller. Any help would be appreciated :roll:

Pictures of Kaya's bike who had trouble uploading them.

I've left them large so you can see the bike.

Photo-0011.jpg

Photo-0015.jpg

Thanks for that Easy_Rider, I'll have to go back to school to learn about these computer things :oops:

Sentimental posting

Twenty years ago today I collected my brand new Saracen Tufftrax from the Edinburgh Bike Co-op, thrilled at the state of art 21 speed Shimano Hyperglide gearing, Deore thumbshifters and Mountain LX mechs, Biopace chainrings, cantilever brakes, full Cromoly fork and double-butted frame and handbuilt wheels with black anodised rims.

£332.95 it cost me, and That Was A Lot Of Money In Those Days.

Still in daily use today though, and the frame, forks, shifters, mechs, seat, seatpost, bars, stem and grips are still original.

A bargain!

This baby has accompanied me down trails in the Rockies, a run from Edinburgh to Orkney, up countless hills/mountains, in a collision on a roundabout in Portobello and to the shops. Here's to the next 20 years!

Pictured yesterday:

main.php

main.php

Attachments

• saracen yellow peril.jpg
    saracen yellow peril.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 2,390
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back