Been having some Fun with Titanium,

kase1983

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hey all

After looking for Ringle mojo cantilever hangers and having no luck, id thought why not make some?

Oh how nieave was i!

Thought, metal, machine, done? naaa, so handing my dad a mojo saying can you make this? its all began, the ringle mojo was copied exactly and programed into sold works cnc package, this was then imported into a water jet machine , which had a different software package so it had to be done again, after many weeks off messing and practice runs we had something looking rite,

A new programe was made to cnc machine out the back off the mojo with new dimentions as the titanium is 0.7mm thinner than the alloy ringle ones.

After many taps broken as a crazy amount off jigs made to do the simplest jobs .

Thanx to my Dad - For design and manufacturing
Gordon for the designing off the package,
Graham for the ace pictures

More parts are now in design stage, - watch this space..

Here we have a Titanium TiJo.

Attachments

• Dougs metal - 1.jpg
    Dougs metal - 1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,178
  • Dougs metal - 2.jpg
    Dougs metal - 2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3,178
  • Dougs metal - 3.jpg
    Dougs metal - 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,178
  • Dougs metal - 4.jpg
    Dougs metal - 4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3,178
more pictures.

Attachments

• dougs metal - 5.jpg
    dougs metal - 5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 3,174
  • SDC10314.JPG
    SDC10314.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 3,174
Absolutely superb! And as for the name, Dougle, that's just pure class! You must be mighty proud fella, can't wait to see the next bits off the mill. :D

FluffyChicken":3klcxl64 said:
What is the estimated manufacturing cost of one of them (ignoring the cost so far ;))

Bloody hell, lots. As Doug has been talking about jigs I'm going to guess that it was made in lots of operations rather than banged out on a 5 axis machine so man-hours a plenty! :)

Back