AMP B4 Mercedes Benz Special Edition

seems to me that the shock mount is lower than it should be. the mounting point on this frame looks to be half way between the top and bottom mount points for the seatpost holder.

amp_b4_5.jpg

if repainting is being considered, i'd do a matching red to the disc calipers. this frame looks SEXY! ;)

amp_b4_1.jpg

Well, I got the tape out and the BB is 13.5"

Thanks for the pics RockiMtn. I think you're right the rear stays need to be more in line with the top tube.

Hmmm and that red looks pretty sweet!

Lots to think about!

Kestonian":3dfvn6km said:
Well, I got the tape out and the BB is 13.5"

problem solved!

That's going to build up nicely. :cool: The red B3 is pretty, but the muted grey/silver of the MB is smooth.

curious… any progress adjusting the rear suspension? or has it been determined it's suppose to be that way?

harry222 said:
i dont get it why died merc bother making a bike?[/quot
e]
a few car companies have made a mountain bike over the years....i assume it appeals to a target audience of "all the gear, no idea" thirtysomethings......bmw and ferrari spring immediately to mind....

feetabix":3lnh8qm5 said:
harry222":3lnh8qm5 said:
i dont get it why died merc bother making a bike?[/quot
e]
a few car companies have made a mountain bike over the years....i assume it appeals to a target audience of "all the gear, no idea" thirtysomethings......bmw and ferrari spring immediately to mind....

Ferrari bikes are limited edition Colnagos and hold their prices alarmingly welland are top class racing bikes,I believe Ferrari helped Colnago in the development of their origional C40 carbon frame and the CFR which also had the Ferrari badge on it.

Ok, I'm back and have moved the shock - centre of the BB axle now stands 13" above the ground, bottom of BB shell is 12 1/4"

Pics later ...

Added pedals, Flite, changed the seatpost back to silver and adjusted the rear shock. Spin around the block ... lovely!

And I noticed the forks had MB 47/50 stamped on them. Run number, perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 4,038
Back