East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I can do Wednesday or Thursday. Suggest 6.00 'cos of the shortening evenings, and we get to the Chequers earlier.

How about Wednesday, folks? Is this a problem for anyone?

Early list:
rc200ti + poss 1
Khane
Unocogero (would Dan fancy it?)
Ed (how about the doctors?)
mDTibbits

I was going to suggest wednesday - that works out great :D I'll come straight from work. I'll invite the docs.

googlemaps tells me it's 30 mins from where I work now to Ticknall, so with a bit of traffic it might be 45 mins - can you bear with me? I'll try and get there on time.

Wednesday is good for me...I'll talk to Dan. He lives Newark way so it's a bit of a trek for him. (inadvertant bike mention!) ;)

That's great. :)

Driving to the pines yesterday I spotted a lycra-clad lady on a Moulton ATB. It may have been a Pashley-Moulton APB, my attention was in flicker mode. Anyway, I've decided that a 1990 Moulton ATB is truly the 'Holy Grail'. They built less than 400 and there seems to be a heavy Japanese and American interest, so finding one for sale, let alone affordable seems to be a worthy (if rather fruitless) challenge. Now the Grail of Grails is a stainless steel job that weighs in at less than 20 lbs. Small wheels and ruts aside, I'd be interested to see how it rides. :twisted:

Sorry you couldn't make it yesterday. Mat and Dan were in a very sprinty frame of mind, and Mat produced some great routes, you would have enjoyed it.
Intriguing link you posted. I await the second installment with interest.

Will be interested in hearing about the Viking Challenge route.

im still waiting on the new bars for the kona so its speed is limited . its quicker in a straight line seated but whenever some input is needed the small bars let it down and the brakes are pissing me off

i havnt ridden all week , im at a motivational low . i just cant be bothered . i dont think im getting any quicker and the lack of turns around here is leaving me a bit numb so ive been watching a lot of bmx lately and have my terrible one in paint . i hope sending that over the dirt at the pines will give me back the spark to want to ride

knowing the viking challenge route will be good , as will having someone local to ride with . he has only been riding for about 5 years so not only will i be representing singlespeeds itl also be the honor of rigids to uphold

:D :D :D My frame is back. Not perfect match but good enough for me. Difficult to get the colour on a photo but you get the idea.

Attachments

• cinder 1.jpg
    cinder 1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 590
That frame looks FANTASTIC!!! Nice work!

rc200ti":338b5om2 said:
Mat and Dan were in a very sprinty frame of mind, Will be interested in hearing about the Viking Challenge route.

I hope we weren't too sprinty :oops: ...I've paid the price for my late dash with achey bits since!

Perry, I might be interested in the vicking challenge...It's fairly local to me...when is it?

Back