Shocks worth keeping? (now about Halson Inversions/PDS)

Ok, resurrecting this thread.

I had a set of 1" Halson Inversion forks but no suitable frame, so sold them to mattbrown. No sooner had I done so than a tidy set with a 1 1/8" steerer appeared on ebay.

Like my old pair, these are missing the canti hanger, but do have an ok pair of boots. They have a softer poly stack than my previous example; I'm waiting for a spare crown race before trying them.

Justjustin (if you're there), can you advise what weight these are set up for?

Anyone have any joy with replacement elastomers? I notice http://www.suspensionforkparts.com/ is now listing Halson among supported forks on its homepage, but I can't see any elastomers available to buy. Have emailed them and will report back with their response.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC03267.JPG
    Copy of DSC03267.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,081
nice, you found a set with booties! ;)

i inversions strapped on to the blizzard with working polys. unfortunately still haven't had a real chance to try them out. thought spring was around the corner with plus 10c weather yest, but now we've been dumped today with slush rain. :( it does looks maybe we'll get proper weather this coming w/e, so maybe i'll have a chance to finally take her out for a proper spin around the block.

i do however think i need to add some preload to the stack since when i jerk the front end up quickly, there's a bit of lift to the uppers from the lowers, and i can feel the snap when the meet.

Hey Nimbus, I get notifications about this thread, ask away!

I think that is about 160 pounds but the white and yellow keep
the first inch pretty soft and smooth feeling before it firms up.

Notice the red is against the firmer blue and not the white?
Otherwise it will have a tendency to crush deep into the
softer poly and possibly even split it. It would feel softer
(the wrong way) for a while but possibly ruin a poly or two.

I could be off a bit on the 160 but that should be close...

Justin.

rapid decent Scotland caries proflex elastomers, they might be able to point you in some sort of direction, and if not then try boiling them, ittl soften them up proper

Halson replacement Polymers

Justin, do you know where i can find replacement polymer elastemers for a set of Halson forks? (i currently had red/blue/yell/white/blue/red) Not sure what weight combo that is. However, I was 165 when i got them and now im 195. Need to get back to riding fast. It looks like you are the most knowledgeable on this subject. I have a set that i put in a ti steerer tube in and would hate to trash them. just pulled out all the old deteriorated elastemer pieces. Do i need to get new forks?

RonG

Hi Ron, I will go through my box of tricks ASAP and see what I have left in my Halson poly stash.

It is currently sprung for about 160-170, but you ride less aggressively so I would not think springing
it similarly for 195 is what you really want. Since your poly is trashed and I don't have much Inversion
poly, I would think going to PDS poly would be a good choice, and I have some stiffer stuff I think would work.

I should have time tomorrow to go through my stuff...

TTYS

Hey Ron, I found a bag of 10 sticks of blue PDS Poly.
You could use one or 2 pieces of the Inversion poly
in conjunction with one set of this blue, or you could try
two pairs of this blue, the third option to get it dialed in
would be to use 1 PDS blue, a partial PDS blue with
the small-diameter red Inversion.
The overall lengthwill be what you play with a bit for zero
sag to slight preload.

Anyway, those rates would hit from 170-ish to 190-ish.

You can send me a private message and we can sort out
details if you want a set or two.

Hope that helps,

Justin.

Back