8spd cassette for meet tomorrow!!!

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
went for a test ride today and the chain is jumping when peddling hard (not changing gear) - i'm thinking my cassette must be worn than i thought as i've got a new chain and chainrings...

any ideas?
anyone got a spare 8spd block i can borrow/buy tomorrow?...

kind people - so many offers :D

sylvain has already offered (as i posted on the meets thread too - being a bit stressed at this last minute thing), so will borrow his (as I think that's the offer) - unless yours is an XT?!

worried that it could be the hub, but it's a hope one i've serviced (and ridden a fair bit) - anyway will bring the modernish Airborne as backup, but would rather be on the Kona after all the effort gone into getting it (almost) working

That's cool. No mine is not an XT. If you can borrow one then better to put the cash toward a new one.

See you at the bottom of the hill tomorrow! ;)

A new chain on an old cassette almost always skips about. Thats definately the problem.

Your other alternative is to whack an old chain on for now. It'll get you through the ride tomorrow and won't do any damage to the new chainrings. Lots easier than a cassette change in a car park aswell :)

Back