How do you deal with groups o anti social street tw@ty kids?

I agree, just ignore the annoying little oiks!! :roll:

I'm 5'2", curvy and I drive a red/pink pickup truck and some of the comments I've had ... well ... I'm not gonna repeat them here!! :oops: But I just walk past them and they've soon learnt that it's not worth bothering me as I just don't respond, they soon lose interest ... after all they've only got attention spans of about 30seconds these days!! Lol!!

Hope they don't give you any more hassle!!

Some of my local kids were throwing water bombs at people, so I challenged them to a water fight, I won and now have no more problems with the kids, after all no one was going to win against me me and my kettle. . . .

(This is a joke, just so every on is clear)

Living on a boat, I'm surrounded by them all summer. Riding their stolen mopeds up and down the towpath, and more recently, taking the sluice gates apart at the locks.
Generally, it's best to ignore them, or be nice to them. They generally only want a reaction, it's nothing personal.
It must be awful being a kid, being given all these ideas about what is possible but not actually being able to do any of it. What I'd love to do is give all of them summer jobs operating locks. They could make a bit of money, the boaters wouldn't have to be climbing up and down greasy ladders, and there'd be so much less antisocial behaviour. The problem is basically that they don't feel like they belong to anything.

chris has it spot on.
I dont have on-the-bike problems, just the odd "oi, yer wheels going round" comments which i ignore.
I often confront groups of swearing youths at parks when I dont want my young lads listening to it. I just ask em to stop swearing in a manner which asks them to do me a favour and use the word please, whilst at the same time still speaking with a local accent so that they dont see me as pompous. Never yet had any confrontation. Some apologise, some say Ok and some say nowt but stop the swearing. When we leave, I thank them in a casual manner and you can often hear it start up when we've exited the park.

Buy a 29 inch monster crosser, chromolly frame. Fit studded snow tyres. Make steering mistake. Splodge. Accept plaudits of local community...

Seriously, society really needs to provide more "structure" for 'em.

More great advice/opinions/jokes in here. good work all.
Anger does funny things to ya, even after a Tai Chi sesh, not been the most chilled week. I just hate cocky lil cnuts. Outlaws reported some little dick trying to pull a sheet drying from our pov pseudo balcony earlier in the aft, coupled with two car break ins and miniature feckers throwing rich teas in the window that I scared teh craap out of and a little kid walking down the street pizzing in day light, I'm right to get peeved and certainly wont buy this flat for 140k either!

At the same time I'm lucky I was brought up with morals, a conscience and most of the stuff I need even if there were no silver spoons involved, still paying for the SS kit as it is!

Taken advice on board, thanks folks

It's ok to ignore these low life kids for a while but as a long time cycle commuter in London eventually the repeated injustice of it starts to eat away at you unless you are a saint. There is no perfect solution but I have found messing with them compensates somewhat for the nastiness of their actions. My usual routine is to look straight ahead but mutter "f**king pricks" semi-under my breath as I go past at a good speed. I keep cycling for about 50m, stop and laugh at their chimp-like gestures of outrage at being disrespected (it's ok for them to abuse you for no reason but if you stand up for yourself that is somehow disrespectful - weird). Then I give them a choice hand gesture. They may follow in which case I cycle on another 50-100m so that they either give up or become strung out and then I can deal with them one by one - mysteriously they are less brave when the odds are even. Could these people be cowards? Far harder to deal with are car drivers/passengers that throw missiles such as coke cans at you as they speed past - any suggestions?

PurpleFrog":3cdadg47 said:
Buy a 29 inch monster crosser, chromolly frame. Fit studded snow tyres. Make steering mistake. Splodge. Accept plaudits of local community...

Seriously, society really needs to provide more "structure" for 'em.

I had a stone thrown at me on my way to work one night, didn't hit me but was a very near miss, spotted the two little d*cks across the road just behind me, i was riding the LTS which had 29" wide Renthal motocross bars, trouble with me is the red mist decends :roll: , i turned round and charged straight at them, one ran but the other stood his ground thinking he'd call my bluff, he didn't, i punted him right through a hedge and into a garden :LOL:, left him screaming the expected abuse which his mate had already started from 200 yards away :LOL:

It was easy to deal with them (still a wee bit foolish) there was only two, but the trouble with neds/chavs/scumbags it's usualy strength in numbers, harder/impossible to deal with a gang of them, sometimes wonder what Chuck Norris would do :LOL:

You could do what i did fifteen years ago and move to a little village in the middle of nowhere!!

I got sick of living in Manchester and going to sleep with the sound of gunfire! No i'm not joking.

We do get problems with chavy kids in the big city (Penzance) but in our village if the kids kick off, i just wave a shot gun out of the window and shout " Get orf my laaand!"

Al, Mad as a box of badgers, but happy!! :D

Back