My '96 Zaskar so far (Pic Heavy)

Now with added Pace! (I'm getting there slowly :))

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzAtMjAwOTA4MTItMDczO.jpg

Zaskar Girl":us9u5m5p said:
Love the frame, an exotic one!!
What size is it? I ride an 14,5" 1993 Zaskar.

Hi GT Girl - It's a little tiny 12.5" one. I'm pretty new to this whole retro thing, and when I initially posted pics up, a lot of people thought that it may have been a different model (something to do with the shape of the end of the toptube, where the GT logo is stamped), but a quick email and a few pics to GT soon confirmed that it was a little Zaskar!

Next on the list is a travel conversion on the forks to take them up to 90mm, and maybe some hard springs - I'm only 140lb but I like my forks on the stiff side because of the way I ride :)

I'm also having the decals changed to some red and yellow ones, instead of the blue and yellow, and I'll be swapping the saddle for a yellow flite too - It's never ending! But I'm glad I bought it :):)

You can see my bike here:

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo13 ... _1298b.jpg

Also not the original decals, the are from 1992.
Fork is a Rockshox Sid Worldcup from 1996. Not much travel, I also ride with hight pressure (120 PSI) and I'm also a lightweight.

Took me long to find a 14,5 ", but really love your 12,5".
Thought a 14,5" would have a much shorter toptube than a 16".
Not!!!

Anyway, think I gonna search for a 12,5" Zaskar

Wow, that's really nice :)

It looks much bigger than a 14.5 though - but I think most GT frames tend to look bigger than they actually are. The 12.5 is absolutely tiny though! I'm 5'9" tall and its like a little BMX. I love it :)

I forgot just how much I liked them :)

I know the colour scheme leaves a little to be desired at the moment - but I just couldn't bear to leave it sat in the shed while I waited for the right stem/seatpost etc to come along - It was just a case of fit stuff that works for now, and sort out making it look pretty later ;)

Caramba Kid":17h9g9cv said:
Great looking build Tulstar & the red decals will finish it perfectly :cool:

The decals are top of the list at the moment, just above stem, seatpost, saddle and bars!

Back